Test Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Test Question

Hi I'm interested in getting a person tested who I think may be related to me. I'm male and the person I want to get tested is female. Can I order the Family Finder kit for her.? If not will she show up in the results of my FF results, if I just order the standard test.
    Thanks

Just make sure you are not signed in to your own account when you place your order. A new Family Finder account will be created for her. You can give your own or her address depending on whether you want the kit shipped directly to her or to you. Enter your email address if you want the purchase confirmation and password sent directly to you if you are going to manage the account for her. You'll have to share them with her, unless she absolutely doesn't want to see the results.

Comment

Test Question

Thanks for that.I was wondering why when I tried to order FF when I was signed in, it said I already had it, even when I asked for 3rd party test. You would think they would explain it to you better.?
      Thanks again,

Comment

Originally posted by Duntara View Post
        Hi I'm interested in getting a person tested who I think may be related to me. I'm male and the person I want to get tested is female. Can I order the Family Finder kit for her.? If not will she show up in the results of my FF results, if I just order the standard test.
        Thanks
        What do you mean by "Standard Test"?

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Barrett View Post
          What do you mean by "Standard Test"?
          I would consider Family Finder the standard kit for autosomal DNA testing. The others have gone to the dogs, and I hope FTDNA will find a way not to follow the pack.

Jack Wyatt

Comment

Originally posted by Duntara View Post
            Thanks
            How closely related do you think this person is? A Family Finder test can help prove a relationship but if the relationship is further back (like a 3rd cousin or further) you might not be a DNA match even if you are indeed related. 3rd cousins have about a 90% chance of DNA matching on Family Finder where 4th cousins only have about a 50% chance and the chance of matching quickly diminish at relationships beyond that.

Comment

Working...
            X