My rs601338 Secretor Status is CC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My rs601338 Secretor Status is CC?

According to my raw autosomal data that I received from the Family Finder on Family Tree DNA, my result for rs601338 (chromosome 19) is CC. According to SNPedia, the only possibilities are AA (non-secretor), AG, and GG (secretor).

What does having a rs601338 of CC indicate? Is it more relevant to AA (non-secretor) or GG (secretor)?

Before examining my raw data results, I presumed that I would be a non-secretor because I have psoriasis, as well as a diagnosis of high-functioning autism.

My mom also has Crohn's disease and snores a lot. Snoring and Crohn's disease are very prevalent factors of non-secretors.

DNA is a Double helix, If one side is A the other is T, if one side is C the other side is G
    A bonds with T, and C bonds with G

One side is termed forward orientation, the other side is Reverse Orientation

A and G for that SNP are the forward orientation values, T and C are the Reverse orientation values

CC (reverse orientation) is the same as GG (forward orientation) in this case

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/project....cgi?rs=601338
    Last edited by prairielad; 16 September 2017, 08:55 PM.

Comment

rs601338 CC

Thanks for the information. Maybe that is proof that I am a secretor? (Didn't think I was a secretor)

Comment

Working...
      X