Family Finder Results

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Family Finder Results

Hello, I did the full YDNA at FTDNA and I transferred my Ancestry results to FTDNA. For Family Finder I only have two results. Recently I had a cousin test both Family Finder and YDNA, for Family Finder he has pages of matches.
    On Ancestry I have lots of matches. Did I do something wrong in the way I downloaded from Ancestry and uploaded my results to FTDNA?
    Thanks, Quinsta01

transfers do not get distant cousin matching (Listed as 4th to Remote or 5th to Remote), this maybe one reason
    They other reason maybe be due to your settings if they had be changed.
    By Name and kit number in upper right, click the arrow and choose Privacy Settings
    click on Match and Email Settings
    In the "Family Finder Matches & Email Notifications" make sure all are set to yes.
    Matching and Email are linked together, If you select No for any of these categories you are removed from those matches matchlists and they are removed from yours.

Comment

Help needed

I recently discovered a 2nd cousin through DNA. I have tried downloading her tree onto mine but my tree never seems to have add ons. When I hit add to my tree it seems like it works but I can't find. I have been asked about my public family tree. Huh I haven't a clue. Please help as I really want to find my family. Im totally lost and frustrated

Comment

Originally posted by prairielad View Post
        transfers do not get distant cousin matching (Listed as 4th to Remote or 5th to Remote), this maybe one reason
        Yes, they do. I have project members who have not paid the $19 unlock fee who have 4th - remote cousins displayed.

Comment

Originally posted by vinnie View Post
          Yes, they do. I have project members who have not paid the $19 unlock fee who have 4th - remote cousins displayed.
          But which chip version? It is my understanding that AncestryV2 and 23andmeV4 do not get distant matching due to their compatibility issues of not having enough comparable SNPs

Comment

Originally posted by prairielad View Post
            But which chip version? It is my understanding that AncestryV2 and 23andmeV4 do not get distant matching due to their compatibility issues of not having enough comparable SNPs
            There's nothing at the following page to indicate that. When FTDNA first started allowing transfers, they placed a limit on matches - if I remember correctly, people only got 4th to distant - but that was quickly changed to include all. (FYI, 23 is reportedly on v5 now.)

https://www.familytreedna.com/autosomal-transfer

Comment

Originally posted by vinnie View Post
              There's nothing at the following page to indicate that. When FTDNA first started allowing transfers, they placed a limit on matches - if I remember correctly, people only got 4th to distant - but that was quickly changed to include all. (FYI, 23 is reportedly on v5 now.)

https://www.familytreedna.com/autosomal-transfer
              Yes with the original AncestryV1 and 23andmeV3 transfers you were shown your top 20 matches for free (no contact info) and you had to pay something like $39USD to Unlock

Its the speculative category that AncestryV2 and 23andmeV4 do not get, this does not apply to AncestryV1 and 23andmeV3
              No longer have email from FamilytreeDNA when they announced they were now accepting AncestryV2 and 23andmev4, but the following blog sums it up
              http://www.genie1.com.au/blog/82-upg...inder-transfer

I do not believe the 23andmeV5 chip can be transferred to FTDNA, even in future unless FTDNA implements imputation, which they currently do not use.
              Last edited by prairielad; 18 September 2017, 08:54 PM.

Comment

My sister transferred from Ancestry and she has only 114 matches, nothing beyond 3rd to 5th cousin. Unfortunately Ancestry changed to version 2 just when I purchased her test.

I tested her hoping to get matches related to our grandfather from the Abruzzo region of Italy, but even at Ancestry, she gets only a few very distant matches who have ancestors from that area. She gets lots of close matches on the side of our Sicilian grandmother, but that's not what I need.

Comment

Working...
                X