No announcement yet.

not enough matchs showing in FTDNA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking at the kits I manage the number of matches ranges from about 1800 to 2200.

They have 4 or 5 matches which share a segment of 30cM or higher. Some with longest segments under 30cM are known 2nd and 3rd cousins.

Comment

sorry please
      Last edited by niv; 13 September 2017, 01:53 AM.

Comment

I think it is UNACCEPTABLE to paste information about OTHER people from Gedmatch. I think you should edit this post and remove the image while you can.

It's fine if you remove ALL kits numbers, names and e-mail addresses.

Comment

ltd-jean-pull is right. Every forum member should review the FAQ link at the top of every forum page: "Family Tree DNA Forums Guidelines (V 1.003 25 Feb 2014)". In it, the prohibition about posting others' information is under the "Communication" link/section:

Community members shall not:
          Disclose the personal information of others, such as name and or e-mail addresses of your matches, without their written consent. Names, e-mail addresses, or other contact information of genetic or genealogical researchers or professionals is fine as this information would be publicly available.
          The FAQ also includes a lot of information about how to use the FTDNA forums and blogs.

Comment

Originally posted by KATM View Post
            ltd-jean-pull is right. Every forum member should review the FAQ link at the top of every forum page: "Family Tree DNA Forums Guidelines (V 1.003 25 Feb 2014)". In it, the prohibition about posting others' information is under the "Communication" link/section:

The FAQ also includes a lot of information about how to use the FTDNA forums and blogs.
            the admin from gedmatch warned me to not send messages for genealogy purpose with people. and matchs in familythreedna are showing up in gedmatch. even I don't aware it

Comment

Originally posted by niv View Post
              the admin from gedmatch warned me to not send messages for genealogy purpose with people. and matchs in familythreedna are showing up in gedmatch. even I don't aware it
              I'm pretty sure the red text on the "One-to-many" matches page simply states not to message someone unless the match is confirmed via One-to-one comparison. They also warn about not turning it into a mass mailing list.

Comment

Working...
              X