What percenatge is Y DNA Mt DNA Autosomal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What percenatge is Y DNA Mt DNA Autosomal

I have recently done the Family finder test which has my ethnic origins as 100% European from several European populations.

I had also previously done a Y DNA test which has me as part of haplogroup E in particular the Sub Saharan African group most prevalent among African Americans and my Y matches are African Americans.
    So my question is what percentage would the Y DNA be if part of a grouped result of Y DNA, Mt DNA and Autosomanal? 5% 10%?

MyOrigins only uses autosomal DNA which is tested by the FamilyFinder test. Chromosomes 1 thru 22 and maybe X in the 23rd chromosome.

YDNA and mtDNA are not part of the myOrigins breakdown.

Comment

Infinitesimally small.

Timothy Peterman

Comment

Y DNA, mtDNA, and autosomal DNA are inherited differently, so they tell you about different parts of your ancestry. Y DNA is transmitted only from father to son, so the results tell you about your patrilineal ancestors. Mitochondrial DNA is transmitted from mother to child only, so the results tell you about your matrilineal ancestors. Autosomal DNA is transmitted from both parents, so the results tell you about your "average" ancestry, including all parts of your pedigree, but because of the random nature of recombination and inheritance, you should not expect the reported percentages by ethnic origin (a term that is very poorly defined and with many methodological problems in any case) to match your actual ethnic origins as they appear in your paper genealogy.

Comment

Originally posted by lowcr View Post
          I have recently done the Family finder test which has my ethnic origins as 100% European from several European populations.

I had also previously done a Y DNA test which has me as part of haplogroup E in particular the Sub Saharan African group most prevalent among African Americans and my Y matches are African Americans.
          So my question is what percentage would the Y DNA be if part of a grouped result of Y DNA, Mt DNA and Autosomanal? 5% 10%?
          YDNA: Approximately 2%
          MtDNA: 1% to 2%
          Autosomal DNA: Over of 95%
          Last edited by winner; 22 February 2017, 02:01 PM. Reason: Correction

Comment

It is possible after even just 5 or so generations to not have measurable DNA from a particular ancestor. I would upload to Gedmatch as well and see whether it shows up in the admixtures there.

Comment

Working...
            X