Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In Connection With - Glitch or User Error?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In Connection With - Glitch or User Error?

The chromosome browser shows Smith, Jones, and I overlap on part of chromosome 16.

From Show All Matches list, I search for Smith and Smith comes up. I select Smith and click In Common With and it brings up Jones. But, when I do the same with Jones and click In Common With, FF says “No matches found at this relationship filter setting.”

Is this a glitch or am I doing something wrong?

Are you clearing your previous selection, meaning when running in common with Jones does your All matches tab list your total number of matches

if not you are just running in common with on an in common with of another match

Make sure you select reset filter when running new In common with, unless you want to see which matches are shared between two matches .

If you run In Common with Smith and then select In Common with Jones on Smith's in common with list, Smith will not show up due to fact it is Smiths list (Smith is not listed in list)

Comment

I'm starting with Show All Matches.

I search for Jones, Jones comes up, I check the box, and hit ICW. No results found.

Reset all filters.

I search for Smith, Smith comes up, I check the box and hit ICW. Jones comes up.

Comment

I can't say I figured it out, but if I scroll through my all matches list and find Jones, check the box, and hit ICW, then I get a list. So, problem solved, sort of.

Comment

Hiya, have just read your thread and I know this is almost 18mths later but I'm having exactly the same problem . Just wondering if you ever logged this as a 'problem' with FTDNA and whether they gave you a formal reply. I'm having to sort all my matches alphabetically and then click on the person from the main match list. I believe you should be able to search a name and then be able to click on that name.

Comment

Originally posted by TrudyNZ View Post
            Hiya, have just read your thread and I know this is almost 18mths later but I'm having exactly the same problem . Just wondering if you ever logged this as a 'problem' with FTDNA and whether they gave you a formal reply. I'm having to sort all my matches alphabetically and then click on the person from the main match list. I believe you should be able to search a name and then be able to click on that name.
            Try this: Search for a name, select it, click on "reset filter" and then click on "in common with"

Comment

Working...
            X