Using the Search Box at the top of home page

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using the Search Box at the top of home page

I have found several matches that include my ancestors, but how do I contact them? It looks like I can only see the trees.

Thanks!

Originally posted by Sue Crowley View Post
    I have found several matches that include my ancestors, but how do I contact them? It looks like I can only see the trees.

Thanks!
    They should have a little envelope just under their names, click on it and you should be able to email them.

Comment

Depending on how you have your web browser set up to handle email addresses when clicked on, you may find it easier to right click on the envelope icon next to your match and choose the copy email address. You can then paste it into your email program.

-Darren

Comment

As far as I know you can not contact anyone unless they are a DNA match, users allow tree to be public (privacy settings for tree - Public, matches only, private), but FTDNA does not display contact info for these trees listed on Search Page (via search box on upper left of webpage). You can only view tree.

There are a few that I would like to contact also, as one lists my mothers paternal Grandfathers brother as one of their ancestors, and as far as I can tell they are not listed as a match. Person (tester) could possibly be my mothers 2nd cousin or 2nd cousin 1x who must happen to fall in that small percentage that being undetected due to the lack of inheriting enough shared DNA (1% to 10%)
        https://www.familytreedna.com/learn/...finder-detect/

But portion of tree maybe a untested spousal line also....
        Last edited by prairielad; 28th April 2016, 11:02 PM.

Comment

This thread made very helpful to me. Thank you so much for sharing.

Comment

Working...
          X