Just Starting Out and Confused

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mgprokosch View Post
    I am also new to the DNA testing. I did the DNA-Y37 test and was disappointed to only link to one very distant person. I did not feel I had received much value, yet... What recommendations do you have? Is the Family Finder the next step or is it repetitive? MTDNA for my mother's side? Or an I better off to try Ancestry?
    Family Finder should work best for you. I don't think you'll want the mtDNA test at this time as many of the matches we receive with that are very distant. Are you primarily Austrian or German or what other ancestries do you have?

Comment

Originally posted by mgprokosch View Post
      I am also new to the DNA testing. I did the DNA-Y37 test and was disappointed to only link to one very distant person. I did not feel I had received much value, yet... What recommendations do you have? Is the Family Finder the next step or is it repetitive? MTDNA for my mother's side? Or an I better off to try Ancestry?
      You should upload your results to the appropriate yDNA project so that the administrators can review your results. Chances are you have a mutation or two that keeps you from matching a lot of other people for this type of matching, but the administrators may be able to put you into a subgroup of men that you are distantly related to. What level of match is the one that you have? 12? 25? 37?

Comment

Working...
      X