Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ? About CMs, Relationship Range & X Matches

Hi all,

2 of my X Matches from B4'5 haplogroup (where does this haplogroup originate from?):

50.13 CM listed as 4th cousin remote - What relative is shared with a 4th cousin remote X match?

42.74 CM listed as 5th cousin remote - What relative is shared with a 5th cousin remote X match?

One of my other matches from D1 haplogroup:

30.56 CM listed as 3rd to 5th cousin - Which cousin would this be, since it says 3rd to 5th? What common relative is shared?

This match called me last night and comes from Danish/Indigenous Indian roots. Family history goes back to Russian royalty (which may account for the Siberian which is in all of my Gedmatch tests), as well as documented
    lineage with vikings.

I'm interested in learning more.

Thanks in advance!

Originally posted by kattoo13 View Post
    Hi all,

2 of my X Matches from B4'5 haplogroup (where does this haplogroup originate from?):

50.13 CM listed as 4th cousin remote - What relative is shared with a 4th cousin remote X match?

42.74 CM listed as 5th cousin remote - What relative is shared with a 5th cousin remote X match?

One of my other matches from D1 haplogroup:

30.56 CM listed as 3rd to 5th cousin - Which cousin would this be, since it says 3rd to 5th? What common relative is shared?

This match called me last night and comes from Danish/Indigenous Indian roots. Family history goes back to Russian royalty (which may account for the Siberian which is in all of my Gedmatch tests), as well as documented
    lineage with vikings.

I'm interested in learning more.

Thanks in advance!
    Please take a look at http://www.isogg.org/wiki/X-chromosome_testing and use the links from X-chromosome tools section. I hope that one of the charts listed there would be directly helpful in your research.

Please read http://www.isogg.org/wiki/Autosomal_DNA_statistics Autosomal DNA statistics to see a nice table that you can easily extended by yourself to any cousin.

Due to the way DNA is inherited, any two individuals might share DNA in the amount that differs, sometimes significantly!, from the expected average. See the following survey results http://www.thegeneticgenealogist.com...ect-an-update/ The Shared cM Project – An Update, to learn that just looking at 30.56 cM value does not give you enough of information.

W. (Mr.)

Comment

Thank you very much.

Comment

One more question. Since I am a female, would my FF match only come from the Maternal side of my match in Origins? Or, could it come from their paternal side as well? The match in question is a male...

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by kattoo13 View Post
          One more question. Since I am a female, would my FF match only come from the Maternal side of my match in Origins? Or, could it come from their paternal side as well? The match in question is a male...

Thanks
          I understand that myOrigins is using autosomal chromosomes only, so you matches in Family Finder and in myOrigins come from either of your parents.

W. (Mr.)

Comment

OK, thanks...

Comment

Working...
            X