Question about x-match

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about x-match

I had my mom do family finder because she is not sure who her dad is. I just ran an x-match on my mom's family finder and someone came up with a parent/child relationship. This person has just the name "walker". I am not sure if this is the person's first or last name. This person has not done a family finder and has only done a YDNA Haplogroup. There is no contact info for this person. How can I get in touch with them and how likely is it that this is accurate?

Can you elaborate what you did to get this match to show?

Did you choose to sort your mother FF match list by X-matches or run Advanced Matching on your moms account?

Comment

I ran an advanced match.

Comment

There are apparently FTDNA site problems in the last day or two which might account for your result. However, a filter for X matches should only turn up kits that have done FF, otherwise no basis for comparison on X.

Your mother received her unknown father's single X intact, while she received 50% of her mother's two X chromosomes, either one of them intact or a mix of both.

My understanding is that FTDNA does not use the X to make relationship predictions. So a prediction of parent-child must be based on your mother sharing 50% of the 22 autosomal chromosomes with "Walker", if this is indeed a match and not one of today's reported glitches.

I presume your mother knows who her mother is and knows her mother has not tested. Is it possible that this is actually your test?

Comment

Thanks for your reply. My mom hasn't seen her mother since she was 4 and her mother passed away years ago.

Comment

Has to be a bug in system, because it does the same for one of my kits.
            Attached Files

Comment

Thanks! It looks like you're related to "Walker" too!

Comment

From the 'glitch' image it is peculiar all those matches but no FF test shown; wonder if they are transfers? Wonder if someone(s) is(are) playing around with the file before it is uploaded?

GedMatch had a problem a while ago when someone uploaded a file that literally matched nearly everyone... Not funny...

Comment

Originally posted by hansonrf View Post
                  From the 'glitch' image it is peculiar all those matches but no FF test shown; wonder if they are transfers? Wonder if someone(s) is(are) playing around with the file before it is uploaded?

GedMatch had a problem a while ago when someone uploaded a file that literally matched nearly everyone... Not funny...
                  the names shown are what is shown when one privatizes their kit. Privatized kits show up in advanced matching with no info other then kit holders last name.

Whether or not these kit holders have privatized results, at least this bug does not show their contact info.

The names I removed from list (smudged out ones showing the level of testing they did) are actual matches on that kits match list that also show an X match.

Comment

Originally posted by hansonrf View Post

the names shown are what is shown when one privatizes their kit. Privatized kits show up in advanced matching with no info other then kit holders last name.

Whether or not these kit holders have privatized results, at least this bug does not show their contact info.

The names I removed from list (smudged out ones showing the level of testing they did) are actual matches on that kits match list that also show an X match.

Edit - This bug seems to be fixed now

Comment

Is their an other info on the account my accounts had been hacked and I couldn't get in any dna accounts to check what thay had changed etc

Comment

Loulou, the best thing to do if your accounts have been hacked is to contact Customer Support and report it. You can submit a form, phone them, or use the chat feature.

Comment

Working...
                        X