Does FF delete matches?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does FF delete matches?

I did a DNA transfer a couple of days ago and a shocking close match was on my list. It did not make sense to me at all. However, the next day the match was no longer on my list. Could this have been a FF error which was removed? Anyone else have this happen to them?

Originally posted by mcmcell View Post
    I did a DNA transfer a couple of days ago and a shocking close match was on my list. It did not make sense to me at all. However, the next day the match was no longer on my list. Could this have been a FF error which was removed? Anyone else have this happen to them?
    If your match changed her or his match to disallow matching, that is what you would see.

W. (Mr.)

Comment

Was it a parent/child or sibling relationship? Yes FTDNA has been having problems with incorrectly loading data into the wrong person's account, they correct it when they are informed of the mistake. It's been happening from time to time, unfortunately. You would know there is an error if the match list is identical or nearly identical for you and your close match (as it is a virtual clone), but if that person no longer shows then the mistake has been corrected.

Comment

Yes, it was parent/child. Glad to hear it was unfortunate error.

Comment

It looks like unacceptable QC

Yes, it was parent/child. Glad to hear it was unfortunate error.
          Please then read http://forums.familytreedna.com/showthread.php?t=37176

W. (Mr.)

Comment

Hmmmm.... Very disturbing! After my acct. shows as 100% completed, I'll check to see if the matches have changed again. I'll also notify moderator so IT can be informed. Concerned that my raw data might not be MY raw data on my acct. Thanks for the link!

Comment

Working...
            X