Transfer matches not unlocking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transfer matches not unlocking

Customer service closed a 10am my time and I was hoping not to have to wait until Monday...I transferred my DNA and paid the fee to unlock all matches. I still only see the list of 20 matches with partial info. When I click on them I get a message to Unlock which takes me to a screen to either post the link or pay to have them unlocked. I tried the pay $39 to unlock (Figured I could pay again then get the double charge refunded next week) but when it goes to the shopping cart screen I get "Autosomal DNA Transfer cannot be added because it already exists or is not allowed".

So frustrated, any ideas? I want to see the matches!

Per FTDNA:
    "Autosomal transfer unlocks
    Autosomal Transfers are currently taking up to 5 calendar days to unlock because of the size and amount of time that Family Finder runs are taking. The two can’t be run concurrently, so once a Family Finder upload begins, transfers have to wait until it finishes running to be uploaded, which can take between 2-3 days. Transfer runs take about a day, so depending on what point in the cycle an autosomal transfer is purchased, it may be that fourth or fifth calendar day before the unlocked results are available."

Comment

OK so even though I paid for the unlock at the same time I uploaded they release the info in 2 phases and it will take several more days. It's frustrating to give me 20 matches with no trees or ability to contact anybody. I would have rather them just wait until the information was processed then to give me matches I can't do anything with. Oh Well.

Comment

Working...
      X