Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

YDNA test taken by different person than autosomal DNA--do I need two accounts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• YDNA test taken by different person than autosomal DNA--do I need two accounts?

Hi, please help. I am a newbie at the DNA stuff. I have tried to search through the forums but I can't seem to find the answer I need.
    My husband took the YDNA test 5 years ago at FamilyTreeDNA and so I (we) have an account here. My son took the AncestryDNA autosomal test a couple of months ago and I downloaded the raw data and transferred it here to FTDNA. I added it to the same account but now that I think about it, perhaps I should have made a separate one? Is there a way to indicate or attach a person to the results? To indicate which person took which test? I can make a new account but I subscribed to the FamilyFinder service and I don't want to lose that.
    I welcome any help! I am sorry also if this message is in the wrong forum. Thank you.

Yes, different people always have different accounts.

Even identical twins should not share a single account, as there are differences in DNA even between identical twins.

Please phone FTDNA support and explain, that you made a mistake and the transfer should had gone to a different (new) account.

W.

P.S.
    You can still manage both accounts using a single e-mail address.

Comment

Working...
    X