Wow, FAST!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow, FAST!!!

Just got in my mother's second cousin's FF test, in UNDER two weeks (batched 9 October). This is amazingly speedy as compared to the 5-6w I sometimes saw in the last few years. This is my seventh FF test, and the first under four weeks.

Just wanted to send out a kudos here to FTDNA.

Oops, misrepresented it. It was batched on the 2nd, received by the lab on the 9th. Still, very fast, and I am most pleased.

Comment

That is definitely fast! All the stars must have aligned just perfectly while this sample was going through the lab and QC -- so don't expect this to happen again 3-4 weeks is still the expected timeframe for most samples.

Elise

Comment

Originally posted by sjadelson View Post
        Oops, misrepresented it. It was batched on the 2nd, received by the lab on the 9th. Still, very fast, and I am most pleased.
        Ahhh, I didn't see this until after I responded 2 weeks would have been *extremely* fast and quite rare.

So yours took 3 weeks, which is the low end of our expected timeframe, but is definitely possible when the process goes smoothly.

Elise

Comment

I guess they're not always processed in order, or my sample failed QC along the way. I batched for FF on 9/25. I also ordered a simultaneous Y-67 test, so that could be slowing things down.

Comment

Working...
          X