Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not getting credit when referral link was used?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not getting credit when referral link was used?

Anyone have a ballpark estimate on how much time I must wait to see an upload credit?

About 3 hours ago, a relative needed just one more referral for her results to be unlocked, so I created another account using a 2nd relative. 2 hours ago I received a message saying the match list for the 2nd relative was ready. Both relatives are showing the matching close relatives i expect, however, 1st relative still shows she needs one more referral!
    Last edited by Bertp; 20 October 2014, 06:14 PM.

Now it has been more than 6 hours since I received the "your matches are ready" message for the 2nd relative but it still says there is 1 more needed to unlock the account of the 1st.

I can supply both account numbers if it would be helpful.

The only thing atypical that happened during registration is that I didn't realize that I didn't have the raw DNA file on my computer's harddrive so I spent a few minutes getting it emailed to me and downloading the attachment to my local hard drive. The total time waiting at the file selection stage was probably about 15 minutes.

Comment

The credit from the referral link should happen almost right away, once the file is uploaded. Email Customer Support with the kit numbers and they can check into it.

http://www.familytreedna.com/contact.aspx

Elise

Comment

Thanks, I contacted customer support.

Comment

Working...
        X