No announcement yet.

Gedcom Upload is Back!!! But a Problem?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gedcom Upload is Back!!! But a Problem?

I am very happy the Gedcom Upload is available again.

What am I doing wrong?
    2 Problems:
    a - My ex sister-in-law is promoted as the Home Person. I laughed. Went back and checked the actual file & corrected it.
    Uploaded again. And same thing. Re-checked. I am Home Person as should be in the gedcom. But NOT on F Finders upload!

b - The upload listed only 5 people on Ancestor section and 7 people on Family section. Should be many, many more people.

Help, please!

Cindy

Cindy,

When you uploaded your GEDCOM, you were given a list of names to click to select your own name. Is your name in that list, and if so, did you select it and click the "This is Me" button?

If your name was not in the list, that might be because of a bug in the selection list, which I just noticed myself and reported to our IT department. Hopefully they will address this issue tomorrow, so stay tuned.

If neither of these is your issue, can you better explain what you mean that your sil is showing as the Home person?

Regarding how many people are shown on the screen -- you'll need to move around the screen or zoom out to see more. You can move around the screen by clicking and dragging the screen. You can zoom using the + and - buttons in the bottom right corner of the screen.

Elise

Comment

Hi Elise,

Thanks so much for getting back to me! Below are answers to your questions.

"When you uploaded your GEDCOM, you were given a list of names to click to select your own name. Is your name in that list, and if so, did you select it and click the 'This is Me' button?

At that point there was just one name listed as an option for "This is Me". It was my sil. I checked to see if anything below her name, but no one else. After 2nd/3rd time trying I clicked on 'continue' anyway. When it showed me my tree it did show 'my' name, not sil's name. Seemed to be "This is me" problem during process.

2nd problem: "Regarding how many people are shown on the screen -- you'll need to move around the screen or zoom out to see more."

Yes, I understand what you mean there. I had been on the site earlier looking at many other family trees wondering what to do and eventually figured out about the dragging move to find more names. I am unable now to look at my FF tree to check how many of my names are showing.

There are always quirks to work out. Thanks, Elise!

Cindy

Comment

Seems to work now - I have uploaded the same gedcom for myself, mother and father and was able to select each of us as the 'home person'.

Comment

Hello N21163 of NZ,

What genie software program and year are you using?

I have FamilyTreeMaker 2011 and export it by 1 of 2 options:
          "Ged5.5" or "Gedcom for FTM 16"

A half hour ago it uploaded just 3 or 4 people, very out of sequence.

Cindy

Originally posted by N21163 View Post
          Seems to work now - I have uploaded the same gedcom for myself, mother and father and was able to select each of us as the 'home person'.

Comment

Working...
          X