yDNA37-match FF-no match

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yDNA37-match FF-no match

Hi, "Allan Otto Grube", matched me on 8/2/14, at y37; they came through FF, BUT, are NOT matched up to me in FF. "Allan Otto Grube", was on Ancestry.com with me and was also 2 markers away from me. HE IS A MOORE, just like me (Adcock) and (COLEMAN). Go look at CHARLES MOORE on U106 Project (2nd pg) and COLEMAN is only 3 markers off, I (William MOORE) am above them and GRUBE, seems to be closer to CHARLES then me, BUT why are WE (GRUBE and ME), not hooked up on FF.

THANKS HTB.

Depending on how far back your common ancestor is, each of you may have inherited different portions of this ancestors autosomal DNA, thus not matching.

https://www.familytreedna.com/learn/...er-match-list/

AND

https://www.familytreedna.com/learn/...finder-detect/

Comment

Originally posted by htb View Post
      Hi, "Allan Otto Grube", matched me on 8/2/14, at y37; they came through FF, BUT, are NOT matched up to me in FF. "Allan Otto Grube", was on Ancestry.com with me and was also 2 markers away from me. HE IS A MOORE, just like me (Adcock) and (COLEMAN). Go look at CHARLES MOORE on U106 Project (2nd pg) and COLEMAN is only 3 markers off, I (William MOORE) am above them and GRUBE, seems to be closer to CHARLES then me, BUT why are WE (GRUBE and ME), not hooked up on FF.

THANKS HTB.
      I don't understand what's the problem. Family Finder and Y-STR test are obviously 2 different test with different purpose.

Chromosome Y passed down from father to son without recombination. So over generations the are some change because of mutation, not recombination.

Someone receive autosomal from both parents, one side from father and one side from mother, each become 50% of our autosomal. But before they pass that autosomal to us, those chromosomes already got recombination. So you will get about 25% from each grandparents. (Actually is not really 25%, Because it's random so you can get anywhere from 10-40% from each grandparents, but for average I will count it as 25%).

So, you share about 25% autosomal with your 1st cousin, 12.5% with 2nd cousin, 6.25% with 3rd cousin, 3.125% with 4th cousin, 1.5625% with 5th, 0.78125 with 5th cousin, 0.390625% with 6th cousin, and so on.

So, you can't expect your Y-STR matches also will be your matches in autosomal, unless you are in endogamous population.

Comment

Originally posted by htb View Post

THANKS HTB.
        I cant' remember without doing a TIP calculator on a 2 step difference in 37 markers but you could be anywhere from 24 Generations at probably 99% confidence and 12 Generations at 90% confidence then it drops off fast so 8 Generations is probably around 70 or 65 % confidence (that you share a common ancestor in that many generations). If you DO get a Family Finder match with someone you also share a match with in YDNA don't automatically assume that it is through your YDNA line... You will need to vet it out and prove that.

YDNA and FF Matches are very rare I have two cousin matches that are also matches through YDNA out of 60 YDNA 67 marker matches and they are very short segments around 13 cM and I have never been able to prove that they are related through the Y line.

Comment

Working...
        X