X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Juanita
    replied
    Referral link?

I transferred one Ancestry test and have several more transfers to do. I'm not sure what referral link you are talking about. When I click on the "Unlock for Free" link it takes me to a page that has a URL listed on it.
    When I got to that, it looks just like the page I used to initiate the first transfers. Is this URL specific to me, so it will know I'm referring 4 more transfers?

Leave a comment:

• lindab
    replied
    Originally posted by efgen View Post
    She purchased the transfer, but hasn't uploaded her file yet.

Since she purchased just a few days before the change to $39, she can contact Customer Support to have the order changed to the new $39 one. She'll need to do that before she uploads the file, though. Once the file is uploaded, the order can't be changed.

Elise
    Thanks Elise. It makes sense that she may not have uploaded her file. I sent her a message with your response, supports phone # and copied/pasted ancestry.com's instructions as to how to download the raw dna file from there.

Hope this takes care of everything.

Linda

Leave a comment:

• suttonwho
    replied
    I have a couple of new matches as well but as one of them was a FF for my grandmother, a regular batch must have completed. She wasn't a transfer.

Leave a comment:

• jbarry6899
    replied
    They are beginning to trickle in. I have a couple of new matches in the past hour, one of which is on my list at Ancestry.com.

Jim

Leave a comment:

• efgen
    replied
    Originally posted by rod View Post
    So the purchase requires human intervention?
    The purchase itself is automatic.

Your file now needs to be processed to generate the full set of matches and myOrigins results, then they can be uploaded to myFTDNA. IT has a manual step in here somewhere -- perhaps a quality check before the results are uploaded.

Elise

Leave a comment:

• efgen
    replied
    Originally posted by lindab View Post
    Meanwhile, Elise or someone, can you check on kit B13812????
    She purchased the transfer, but hasn't uploaded her file yet.

Since she purchased just a few days before the change to $39, she can contact Customer Support to have the order changed to the new $39 one. She'll need to do that before she uploads the file, though. Once the file is uploaded, the order can't be changed.

Elise

Leave a comment:

• rod
    replied
    Originally posted by efgen View Post
    Of course... business days are Monday-Friday

Elise
    So the purchase requires human intervention?

Leave a comment:

• efgen
    replied
    Originally posted by rod View Post
    Apparently "one to two business days" means nothing happened over the weekend. The transfers I paid for Friday are still stuck in "demo" mode.
    Of course... business days are Monday-Friday

Elise

Leave a comment:

• rod
    replied
    Apparently "one to two business days" means nothing happened over the weekend. The transfers I paid for Friday are still stuck in "demo" mode.

Leave a comment:

• lindab
    replied
    Ancestry transfer Oct 11

Originally posted by wryrwmn View Post

Hi,
    I got my results in 3 days!! It is that fast
    Take care!
    I've been corresponding with someone for several weeks to get them to transfer their results from ancestry.com so they can join the Family Finder project I admin. I sent her the link abt. the free trial, only to find out that she uploaded her results on Oct. 11 and paid the $69 fee. Unfortunatly, 9 days later and she's still seems to be waiting for results.

I have now sent her an invitation to join the project, and am hoping once that is complete I can view her kit to watch for results. I'm not sure she understands what to look for :-)

I can understand with the free trial now in progress things could be a bit slower, but this individual paid full price before the free trial began and should be seeing results by now.

Meanwhile, Elise or someone, can you check on kit B13812????

Leave a comment:

• efgen
    replied
    Originally posted by LynCra View Post
    Am I correct in thinking that those who have transferred but not unlocked have normal access to information about those who are in their top 20 matches whereas those they can see have no indication that they have a potential match or that their gedcom info may have been accessed?
    Per my response in the other thread -- no. For the benefit of others, here's the link to my response with more info:

http://forums.familytreedna.com/show...827#post393827

Elise

Leave a comment:

• LynCra
    replied
    Am I correct in thinking that those who have transferred but not unlocked have normal access to information about those who are in their top 20 matches whereas those they can see have no indication that they have a potential match or that their gedcom info may have been accessed?

Leave a comment:

• efgen
    replied
    Originally posted by Sue Crowley View Post
    My cousin just transferred his results and he can see me and my uncle, but we can't see him. Any ideas?
    If your cousin did only the free trial transfer, then you won't be able to see him yet. He'll need to unlock the full transfer, either by paying $39 or by using the provided referral link to recruit 4 other transfers.

Once unlocked, it'll take a couple days for the full set of matches and myOrigins to be processed.

Elise

Leave a comment:

• Sue Crowley
    replied
    Ancestry transfer

My cousin just transferred his results and he can see me and my uncle, but we can't see him. Any ideas?

Leave a comment:

• tlgarrison
    replied
    Originally posted by angeljacoby View Post
    Hi. I just transferred my autosomal data from Ancestry last night. I believe the message said that it would take about 2-3 (or 3-4) days. Is it really usually that fast? If so, woo!
    Yes, I transferred my mother's kit from ancestry and it was available in 2 days. Good Luck.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X