• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • angeljacoby
    FTDNA Customer
    • May 2014

AncestryDNA autosomal transfer

Hi. I just transferred my autosomal data from Ancestry last night. I believe the message said that it would take about 2-3 (or 3-4) days. Is it really usually that fast? If so, woo!
  • wryrwmn
    FTDNA Customer
    • Oct 2014

that fast? how fast

Hi,
    I got my results in 3 days!! It is that fast
    Take care!

Comment

• tlgarrison
      FTDNA Customer
      • Jul 2014

Originally posted by angeljacoby View Post
      Hi. I just transferred my autosomal data from Ancestry last night. I believe the message said that it would take about 2-3 (or 3-4) days. Is it really usually that fast? If so, woo!
      Yes, I transferred my mother's kit from ancestry and it was available in 2 days. Good Luck.

Comment

• Sue Crowley
        FTDNA Customer
        • Dec 2011

Ancestry transfer

My cousin just transferred his results and he can see me and my uncle, but we can't see him. Any ideas?

Comment

• efgen
          Webinar Coordinator
          • Dec 2005

Originally posted by Sue Crowley View Post
          My cousin just transferred his results and he can see me and my uncle, but we can't see him. Any ideas?
          If your cousin did only the free trial transfer, then you won't be able to see him yet. He'll need to unlock the full transfer, either by paying $39 or by using the provided referral link to recruit 4 other transfers.

Once unlocked, it'll take a couple days for the full set of matches and myOrigins to be processed.

Elise

Comment

• LynCra
            FTDNA Customer
            • Sep 2011

Am I correct in thinking that those who have transferred but not unlocked have normal access to information about those who are in their top 20 matches whereas those they can see have no indication that they have a potential match or that their gedcom info may have been accessed?

Comment

• efgen
              Webinar Coordinator
              • Dec 2005

Originally posted by LynCra View Post
              Am I correct in thinking that those who have transferred but not unlocked have normal access to information about those who are in their top 20 matches whereas those they can see have no indication that they have a potential match or that their gedcom info may have been accessed?
              Per my response in the other thread -- no. For the benefit of others, here's the link to my response with more info:

Elise

Comment

• lindab
                FTDNA Customer
                • Sep 2012

Ancestry transfer Oct 11

Originally posted by wryrwmn View Post

Hi,
                I got my results in 3 days!! It is that fast
                Take care!
                I've been corresponding with someone for several weeks to get them to transfer their results from ancestry.com so they can join the Family Finder project I admin. I sent her the link abt. the free trial, only to find out that she uploaded her results on Oct. 11 and paid the $69 fee. Unfortunatly, 9 days later and she's still seems to be waiting for results.

I have now sent her an invitation to join the project, and am hoping once that is complete I can view her kit to watch for results. I'm not sure she understands what to look for :-)

I can understand with the free trial now in progress things could be a bit slower, but this individual paid full price before the free trial began and should be seeing results by now.

Meanwhile, Elise or someone, can you check on kit B13812????

Comment

• rod
                  FTDNA Customer
                  • Nov 2005

Apparently "one to two business days" means nothing happened over the weekend. The transfers I paid for Friday are still stuck in "demo" mode.

Comment

• efgen
                    Webinar Coordinator
                    • Dec 2005

Originally posted by rod View Post
                    Apparently "one to two business days" means nothing happened over the weekend. The transfers I paid for Friday are still stuck in "demo" mode.
                    Of course... business days are Monday-Friday

Elise

Comment

• rod
                      FTDNA Customer
                      • Nov 2005

Originally posted by efgen View Post
                      Of course... business days are Monday-Friday

Elise
                      So the purchase requires human intervention?

Comment

• efgen
                        Webinar Coordinator
                        • Dec 2005

Originally posted by lindab View Post
                        Meanwhile, Elise or someone, can you check on kit B13812????
                        She purchased the transfer, but hasn't uploaded her file yet.

Since she purchased just a few days before the change to $39, she can contact Customer Support to have the order changed to the new $39 one. She'll need to do that before she uploads the file, though. Once the file is uploaded, the order can't be changed.

Elise

Comment

• efgen
                          Webinar Coordinator
                          • Dec 2005

Originally posted by rod View Post
                          So the purchase requires human intervention?
                          The purchase itself is automatic.

Your file now needs to be processed to generate the full set of matches and myOrigins results, then they can be uploaded to myFTDNA. IT has a manual step in here somewhere -- perhaps a quality check before the results are uploaded.

Elise

Comment

• jbarry6899
                            FTDNA Customer
                            • Jun 2012

They are beginning to trickle in. I have a couple of new matches in the past hour, one of which is on my list at Ancestry.com.

Jim

Comment

• suttonwho
                              FTDNA Customer
                              • Nov 2013

I have a couple of new matches as well but as one of them was a FF for my grandmother, a regular batch must have completed. She wasn't a transfer.

Comment

Working...
                              X