Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How long does Family Finder results take?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long does Family Finder results take?

I bought the Family Finder test on 6-5-2014. I was told it would take 1-2 weeks to get the results as they were using my Y-DNA swab. It's been over 2 weeks now, dies it take longer than I am giving it? Thanks.

Family Finder takes about 4 weeks, assuming the results pass our quality check and a re-test isn't needed.

Your order on 6/5 was batched (sent to the lab) on Wednesday 6/11, and the 4-week count started then. So yesterday was 4 weeks. I would give it a few more days, and if you still don't have results, you can contact Customer Support to ask for a status.

There was a bug causing myFTDNA to show a 1-2 week estimate from the day the order was batched, which was incorrect. I believe that bug was fixed today.

Elise
    Last edited by efgen; 10 July 2014, 10:30 PM.

Comment

Thanks for that info, Elise.

Comment

FYI, I just found out that we have a large group of FF results getting uploaded between today and Monday.

I can also see that your test is complete and passed the quality check, so it should be included in this upload, meaning you should have your results by Monday.

Elise

Comment

They're taking too long!!

Mine FF test was batched on the 12th June and went down the amount of weeks very fast, but has been at 1-2 weeks for the last 4 weeks...

hopefully ours are the ones to be uploaded in the next few days...

Comment

Originally posted by loudam View Post
            Mine FF test was batched on the 12th June and went down the amount of weeks very fast, but has been at 1-2 weeks for the last 4 weeks...
            Please see my first response above -- it was a mistake that the timeframes dropped to 1-2 weeks so quickly, and that error has now been fixed.

FF takes approximately (not exactly!) 4 weeks, assuming the results pass the quality check on the first run.

This week is the 4th week for you. So I'd give it another few days to a week before you get concerned about it.

Elise
            Last edited by efgen; 11 July 2014, 11:13 AM.

Comment

Elise

I was just joking about toi long, its my first time doing a dna test and the wait for results has been harder than waiting for my current baby to be born!

But lots of us only found out about the problem showing 1-2 weeks when we contacted customer care which I'll add responded very quickly... Most of us are reasonable and a simple email or message would have left us all know what the problem was...

I do look forward to the results though,its a race at the moment between the results and my baby arriving!!!!

Comment

Elise

You seem to be the person to ask about this. I am not satisfied with the answers I have gotten by email because I was told by Christopher that FF takes 6-8 weeks and this doesn't jive with what I seeing here on the boards at all. My dad's 37 marker Ydna is all back but the Family Finder is not. It was batched over 5 weeks ago. Should I be worried? Kit 348041 if you are able to check...Getting antsy here! Lol!

Comment

Originally posted by loudam View Post
                  I do look forward to the results though,its a race at the moment between the results and my baby arriving!!!!
                  LOL, best of luck with both!

Elise

Comment

Originally posted by Joffive View Post
                    You seem to be the person to ask about this. I am not satisfied with the answers I have gotten by email because I was told by Christopher that FF takes 6-8 weeks and this doesn't jive with what I seeing here on the boards at all. My dad's 37 marker Ydna is all back but the Family Finder is not. It was batched over 5 weeks ago. Should I be worried? Kit 348041 if you are able to check...Getting antsy here! Lol!
                    Sorry about the confusing timeframes. FF should take about 3-4 weeks when everything is running on schedule and the results pass the final quality check. However, it can take 6-8 weeks if the lab is behind schedule or the results need to be re-run.

Looks like your father's FF test finished in the lab, but unfortunately didn't pass the quality check. Christopher may not have been able to see that -- the failure happened around the same time he checked your account, so your account may not have been updated with that info yet.

So your father's test has to be re-run on his second swab, which can take up to another 4 weeks.

Elise

Comment

Thanks Elise, so disappointing...

Comment

Elise, could you check the status of FF test (rerun) that also was in batch 573? Kit 345808. It failed prior to July 2nd, so new results should be coming in soon.

Comment

Originally posted by efgen View Post
                          FYI, I just found out that we have a large group of FF results getting uploaded between today and Monday.

I can also see that your test is complete and passed the quality check, so it should be included in this upload, meaning you should have your results by Monday.

Elise
                          I got my son's results after three weeks but I cannot download the raw data.

Comment

Batch 574 seems to be running extremely late

Family Finder batch #574 seems to be running extremely late or is it just me? Can anyone tell me if kit # 337387 has passed the quality control check and if so, when can we expect to see the results?

This kit is for my cousin who is a male Sizemore and he is really getting excited so I told him I'd post the question to see if anyone can give us a clue when we will get to see his results... He is ready to order his next upgrade but wants to see these results first.

Thanks a bunch,
                            Carolyn

Comment

Originally posted by familylegend View Post
                              Elise, could you check the status of FF test (rerun) that also was in batch 573? Kit 345808. It failed prior to July 2nd, so new results should be coming in soon.
                              I don't have complete visibility into the lab, but I don't see updated results in your account yet, so the 2nd run is probably still in process. If the 2nd run started around July 2, then I wouldn't expect to see results for another week or two.

Elise

Comment

Working...
                              X