Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about purchasing

Hello guys

In the past, I purchased the Y-DNA12 test. I sent back my items and analysed my results.

If I was to purchase the FamilyFinder, would I have to resend everything again even though I've done it before, or could they just use my previous DNA material?

Many thanks

They can use the sample you originally sent in.

Sign in to your myFTDNA website. Click on the "Order an Upgrade" button near the top and on the far right hand side. Click on the "Order Family Finder" button in the right hand column. Follow the instruction on the pages.

Good luck!

Comment

Before, I went on the FamilyFinder page and added it to my cart and purchased it. This won't be a problem right? I have emailed them saying that I would like to use my sample I sent in before.

Comment

Originally posted by bradleybrand View Post
        Before, I went on the FamilyFinder page and added it to my cart and purchased it. This won't be a problem right? I have emailed them saying that I would like to use my sample I sent in before.
        As long as you were signed into your kit when you placed the order, your existing samples will be used. If you place an order without being signed into your kit, then the website doesn't know that you're an existing customer

I just checked your account, and it does show both your original Y-DNA12 order and your new Family Finder order. So you did order correctly, and your existing samples will be used.

Elise

Comment

Thank you very much. It was a long process to send off my sample last time, I'm glad I do not have to resend my sample. I'll be looking forward to seeing my results

Comment

How long do these tests normally take? 2-3 weeks?

Comment

About 4-6 weeks, when things are running smoothly and on schedule. Longer if there are delays due to failures or high volume. Shorter if you are lucky

Elise

Comment

Working...
              X