X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stevo
    replied
    Originally posted by Ann Turner View Post
    The two results would be contradictory, not explained by a difference in strand orientation. But... I don't even show a result for rs1015362 in my FF file. I do have rs10153622 -- might that be what you were looking at?
    That's what I thought, too, since a TT viewed from the other strand should be AA.

Leave a comment:

replied
    Originally posted by Ann Turner View Post
    I do have rs10153622 -- might that be what you were looking at?
    Yes. When I expanded the column it showed. I thought that the freckle SNPs were in the FF test.

Leave a comment:

replied
    Originally posted by prairielad View Post
    Which chromosome is it listed on in your FF results?
    Chromosome 2?
    That is the location I find it in my raw data files

I believe this freckle one is located on chromosome 20

If that's the case, it is not the same SNP (FF listing vs SNP test for freckles)
    Thanks for that.You are right. It is a different SNP in FF.The freckle gene is on chromosome 20 not 2 and is not included in the FF test.

Leave a comment:

• prairielad
    replied
    Which chromosome is it listed on in your FF results?
    Chromosome 2?
    That is the location I find it in my raw data files

I believe this freckle one is located on chromosome 20

If that's the case, it is not the same SNP (FF listing vs SNP test for freckles)

Leave a comment:

• Ann Turner
    replied
    Originally posted by 1798 View Post
    I paid for this SNP test for freckles. The result came back rs1015362 CC but my recent FF result shows rs1015362 TT. I looked it up on SNpedia.com and it shows rs1015362 A>G. Why have I two different results for this SNP?
    The two results would be contradictory, not explained by a difference in strand orientation. But... I don't even show a result for rs1015362 in my FF file. I do have rs10153622 -- might that be what you were looking at?

Leave a comment:

• thetick
    replied
    I really doubt a single SNP causes freckles. For example eye color is many different SNPs and it's still not perfect at prediction as was found by Gedmatch.

It's more likely the single SNP indicates more likely to have freckles.

Leave a comment:

• lgmayka
    replied
    According to dbSNP, forward direction is A>G, reverse is C>T.

Leave a comment:

started a topic SNP associated with freckles

SNP associated with freckles

I paid for this SNP test for freckles. The result came back rs1015362 CC but my recent FF result shows rs1015362 TT. I looked it up on SNpedia.com and it shows rs1015362 A>G. Why have I two different results for this SNP?
Working...
X