Testing Identical Twins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Testing Identical Twins

I have identical twin grandaughters. If I have them both tested for Family Finder is it likely that they would both have the same result and same matches? As I am completely "out of my depth" with all the specifics of DNA testing I would appreciate if someone could help me with this question.

I am not an expert, but I believe the answer would be 'Yes'.

If there is any reason this would not be the case, I (as a newbie/amateur) am not aware of it.

There may be slight variations due to mutations or misreading of the DNA by the technology, but I imagine that neither of those things would have much effect on the algorithms used to determine genetic matches.

Good Luck!

Comment

Originally posted by Rosie Dee View Post
      I have identical twin grandaughters. If I have them both tested for Family Finder is it likely that they would both have the same result and same matches? As I am completely "out of my depth" with all the specifics of DNA testing I would appreciate if someone could help me with this question.
      http://scienceline.ucsb.edu/getkey.php?key=244

Comment

Thanks for your replies, appreciate your help.

Comment

Chances are excellent that the results will be the same and that they will have the same matches. This is the case for me and my twin sister. Our match level is given as 100%.

-- Martha Hicks

----
          Last edited by Everwaiting; 11 June 2014, 02:07 AM. Reason: simplifying the comment

Comment

Working...
          X