Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

replied
    Originally posted by mixedkid View Post
    Wouldn't you know it: Shortly after the myOrigins results came out, I have actually found more paper trail evidence of Scottish main island ancestors intermarrying with Orkney Islands residents. I know "Orcadian" was a catch-all term for western European under the old Population Finder, but it did surprise and amuse me that suddenly, the actual Orcadians might have played a more significant role in my genetic mix. (Before this latest find, I already knew about one Orkney Islands girl,identified as a Norwegian, marrying into another Scottish line.)

I have also found a few mostly northwestern French ancestors moving to Scotland and intermarrying with Scottish residents.
    The Orkney Islands were a very important place in the Neolithic. There are a lot of ancient monuments there.

Leave a comment:

• mixedkid
    started a topic Revisiting the Orcadians

Revisiting the Orcadians

Wouldn't you know it: Shortly after the myOrigins results came out, I have actually found more paper trail evidence of Scottish main island ancestors intermarrying with Orkney Islands residents. I know "Orcadian" was a catch-all term for western European under the old Population Finder, but it did surprise and amuse me that suddenly, the actual Orcadians might have played a more significant role in my genetic mix. (Before this latest find, I already knew about one Orkney Islands girl,identified as a Norwegian, marrying into another Scottish line.)

I have also found a few mostly northwestern French ancestors moving to Scotland and intermarrying with Scottish residents.
    Last edited by mixedkid; 16 May 2014, 02:37 AM.
Working...
X