mother doesn't show as match

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mother doesn't show as match

My mother and I both transferred our raw data from Ancestry.com. Neither of us shows up anywhere as a match for the other in the Family Finder.

Can anyone explain what's going one?

Thank you.

I'm not really qualified to respond, since I don't know what might be happening for certain, but I do have a guess.

I believe the matching process takes a relatively long time, and each persons kit has to be compared to each other persons kit. Since there is a lot of time involved, you can start seeing matches long before your kit has been compared to everyone else. So, it's possible that the computers just haven't processed your kit against your mother's yet, and vice versa.

I would say you should give it a few more days, and if you still don't see a match, contact support.

This does assume that you showed as matching on Ancestry, and that you are not secretly adopted .

Comment

Unless you see other people as matching, you will need to wait a few days.

If you see other people matching the kits then you need to call FTDNA

Comment

Thanks for your responses. Yes, there are over 300 pages of other matches, none of whom are my mom. And she does show up first in both Ancestry.com and 23andMe, as we'd expect

Comment

Working...
        X