Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is the Old System to be regarded as Inaccurate now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is the Old System to be regarded as Inaccurate now?

I have so many questions
    Why the colors that change when the myorigins results comes up?

Why the shadey areas that could just about cover anywhere?
    And why isn't there an explanation as to whether the old system is now all inaccurate or not?

I am upset because my ethnicity has been changed drastically in some parts and how I am to know what I am now?

I cant read the results well in the new one at all.
    Although I get the general gist. I cant to the specifics of it.. has familtreedna answered any of these questions yet before.
    Last edited by EuroGirl; 8 May 2014, 12:32 PM. Reason: none

I'm wondering about accuracy myself. Under the old Population Finder I was 94.42% Orcadian, and the rest Middle East. Now I have 4 different European groups, including the unexpected Mediterranean at 20%.

Comment

Originally posted by EuroGirl View Post
      I have so many questions
      Why the colors that change when the myorigins results comes up?

Why the shadey areas that could just about cover anywhere?
      And why isn't there an explanation as to whether the old system is now all inaccurate or not?

I am upset because my ethnicity has been changed drastically in some parts and how I am to know what I am now?

I cant read the results well in the new one at all.
      Although I get the general gist. I cant to the specifics of it.. has familtreedna answered any of these questions yet before.
      There is some information here:

https://www.familytreedna.com/learn/...s/walkthrough/

Also, the archived webinar on myOrigins can be accessed here:

https://www.familytreedna.com/learn/ftdna/webinars/

As for accuracy, none of these tools can be called "accurate" as they report statistical probabilities based on small sample sets of living people's DNA.

Comment

In my case, it looks more accurate now than with the old Population Finder. The other day I checked my X-matches for the first time. And it seems to verify the Mediterranean group.

Comment

Working...
        X