X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TeresaJill
    replied
    Transfers get My Origins

I transferred and I see the My Origins page.

However, it doesn't seem very useful to me. I'm 100% european, but it breaks down to European Costal, European Northlalnds, North Mediterranean Basin, and Trans-Ural Peneplain. Unfortunately, unless I'm doing something wrong, my matches only show as European and not with any regional breakdown. A breakdown might help me figure out how they're related, but just showing as European does nothing for me.

Leave a comment:

• efgen
    replied
    Originally posted by rod View Post
    It looks like transfers don't get the new "my origins" population finder replacement.
    Yes, they will. They're just not working in the current beta release that admins have, but engineering is on it, and the issue should be fixed this afternoon.

Elise

Leave a comment:

• rod
    replied
    Originally posted by efgen View Post
    No benefit at all -- you'll just end up with duplicate results in the database and all your matches will see your mom listed twice.

Better to spend the funds on testing another relative for Family Finder

Elise
    It looks like transfers don't get the new "my origins" population finder replacement.

Leave a comment:

• gerlyons
    replied
    Elsie,

Thank you for the information

Leave a comment:

• efgen
    replied
    Originally posted by gerlyons View Post
    I will have to order a kit since she doesn't have a DNA sample at FTDNA yet. As far as ordering it under the same account as the transferred 23andme data, I don't know yet. I was waiting to see if there was going to be a Mother's Day sale before ordering the Full mtDNA sequence test. My intention is to order it under the same account, I don't want to have to manage another DNA account if I can help it.
    You can definitely purchase it as an "upgrade" from her existing FTDNA account. Since her account doesn't already have DNA samples associated with it, the upgrade order will automatically generate a request to the shipping department to mail a collection kit.

Elise

Leave a comment:

• gerlyons
    replied
    I will have to order a kit since she doesn't have a DNA sample at FTDNA yet. As far as ordering it under the same account as the transferred 23andme data, I don't know yet. I was waiting to see if there was going to be a Mother's Day sale before ordering the Full mtDNA sequence test. My intention is to order it under the same account, I don't want to have to manage another DNA account if I can help it.

Leave a comment:

• loobster
    replied
    Can you order the MtDNA as upgrade on the same Kit number as the Transferred data?? Do they send you a new kit, make you buy a kit, or ??? since transferring from 23andMe doesn't actually mean transferring the DNA sample.

You do want Family Finder and MtDNA on same Kit number, so can do Advanced Matching.

Leave a comment:

• SallImSayin
    replied
    It'll just be the same thing twice. No point.

Leave a comment:

• efgen
    replied
    No benefit at all -- you'll just end up with duplicate results in the database and all your matches will see your mom listed twice.

Better to spend the funds on testing another relative for Family Finder

Elise

Leave a comment:

• Any benefit to doing Family Finder versus transferring for 23andme

My mother has transferred her 23andme to FTDNA a while back and I am getting ready to order a Full mtDNA sequence test for her. Is there any benefit to having a Family Finder test done since she already transferred her results from 23andme?
Working...
X