Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zaru
    replied
    Glad to see that you are well (relatively speaking!)

Originally posted by dtvmcdonald View Post
    I've very much here and OK.

I am today working through 3 days of backlog.
    I will TRY to do at least two days of backlog per day.
    This is easier now that BigY is fully analyzed and
    I have decided to wait out the new Ytree fiasco instead
    of meet it headon.

I apologize for not contacting people ... I really
    was overwhelmed by the tsunami caused by the price reductions.

I will remain overwhelmed, so do expect more than 20%
    "full" reports. But what I send will be good data.

Doug McDonald
    You are very generous and quite valuable, I just wanted to make certain that you were ok.

Leave a comment:

• dtvmcdonald
    replied
    I've very much here and OK.

I am today working through 3 days of backlog.
    I will TRY to do at least two days of backlog per day.
    This is easier now that BigY is fully analyzed and
    I have decided to wait out the new Ytree fiasco instead
    of meet it headon.

I apologize for not contacting people ... I really
    was overwhelmed by the tsunami caused by the price reductions.

I will remain overwhelmed, so do expect more than 20%
    "full" reports. But what I send will be good data.

Doug McDonald

Leave a comment:

• Roving Raven
    replied
    Zaru,
    I too have sent my raw DNA to Dr. McDonald for his analysis. I did so about a month ago, and I had not heard anything so I wrote back inquiring if he had received my request. This was just last week. He responded that day to say he was about 2 months behind due to the overwhelming amount of requests he has. So I am just going to be patient. I am adopted and only just beginning to get bits and pieces of who I really am, so it will be worth the wait I think!

Leave a comment:

• N21163
    replied
    Originally posted by Zaru View Post
    I know that he is worth the wait and is highly valuable to all of us. Two months ago he agreed to take a look at my data, but he forewarned me that at that point he was "a month behind". I really do not know how to quantify that- this could mean one year in the life of a lay person.

I have not heard back from him, but I have sent him two updates regarding very significant returns that I have had- both of those went unresponded to.

Most importantly, is he ok?

I am grateful that in the face of the hundreds of requests that he receives, plus his job, his research and personal requirements, that he agreed to help me.

Cheers for any input.
    I believe he is fine.
    He posts on these forums under "dtvmcdonald"
    His last post was earlier today: http://forums.familytreedna.com/show...597#post382597

I would think he is making his way through inquiries as best he can. He probably does deal with hundreds of requests for further analysis. Maybe contact him to ask how things are going.

Leave a comment:

• Zaru
    started a topic A question about Dr. McDonald.

A question about Dr. McDonald.

I know that he is worth the wait and is highly valuable to all of us. Two months ago he agreed to take a look at my data, but he forewarned me that at that point he was "a month behind". I really do not know how to quantify that- this could mean one year in the life of a lay person.

I have not heard back from him, but I have sent him two updates regarding very significant returns that I have had- both of those went unresponded to.

Most importantly, is he ok?

I am grateful that in the face of the hundreds of requests that he receives, plus his job, his research and personal requirements, that he agreed to help me.

Cheers for any input.
Working...
X