Family Finder using Y-DNA cheek swab

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Family Finder using Y-DNA cheek swab

I provided a cheek swab to FTDNA for a Y-DNA test back in 2011 and I would like to know if I can have FTDNA use this cheek swab to run the Family Finder test? How would I start this process and how much does it cost? Does it cost less than doing another cheek swab for the Family Finder test?
    Thanks for any help.

John Hale

In the upper right corner of your FTDNA home page there's a button labeled "order an upgrade." After clicking it, you will see a page listing different tests you can order, including Family Finder. If you have enough DNA from your y-dna swap left, they'll use it, otherwise they'll send you a new set of swabs. There's no discount for having dna on file that I can think of. I know at one time they lowered the FF price to $99, but I'm not sure if the price is still the same as it's been a while since I ordered.

Comment

Test is same - $99 -- but you do not have the additional $5 for the kit (which I think used to be called $4 for shipping and handling).

One thing for sure -- you want it under the same Kit number -- so can do the Advanced Matching, asking for folks who match you on both tests (after new results in). So order as upgrade!

Comment

Thanks to both of you.....

for the info you've given me.

Comment

Working...
        X