Saving Raw data results

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saving Raw data results

I will be teaching a workshop on atDNA and now the "save raw data screen" has too many choices without guidance. I searched the threads and have not seen any help as well on this topic. Build 37 is probably the best choice [vs Build 36] and by deduction Autosomal Raw Data is Chr. 1-22 and X-Chr. data is just that. What does Gedmatch usually prefer for uploads from peoples previous experience?[the site is currently not available for uploads at this time]
    Thanks for clarifying this for me. I am having to check out the website every three months because things change!

Originally posted by brightresearcher View Post
    I will be teaching a workshop on atDNA and now the "save raw data screen" has too many choices without guidance. I searched the threads and have not seen any help as well on this topic. Build 37 is probably the best choice [vs Build 36] and by deduction Autosomal Raw Data is Chr. 1-22 and X-Chr. data is just that. What does Gedmatch usually prefer for uploads from peoples previous experience?[the site is currently not available for uploads at this time]
    Thanks for clarifying this for me. I am having to check out the website every three months because things change!
    GEDMatch prefers Build 36 but will convert Build 37 files back to Build 36. It was not feasible for them to re-run all the Build 36 files they had. If you are using utilities like David Pike's comparison utility, it doesn't matter which build as long as both files are the same.

http://www.math.mun.ca/~dapike/FF23utils/pair-comp.php

Comment

It also depends, to download Build 36 or 37, on whether or not you are using your FTDNA chromosome browser data (on Chromosome Browser page the View this data in a table or Download All Matches to Excel (CSV Format) link)

Currently these points are given as Build 36 start/stop points.

FTDNA's matching algorithm uses Build 37.

To get the start/stop points in regards to Build 37 data you will have to run two peoples raw data through a 3rd party utility like what Ann Turner mentioned above

Comment

Working...
      X