Family Finder test

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Family Finder test

I recently received my results for the FF test. I thought that I would have no matches because there would be very few from Ireland that tested and I got a surprise when I saw that I had 47 pages of matches.
    This is a great test for 99 dollars. My population results are 96.77 western European ,Orcadian and 3.23% Asia, Indian!!!
    In my raw data there are;
    82,867 AG SNPs
    82,981 TC SNPs
    18,914 TG SNPs
    19,103 AC SNPs
    All of these SNPs are specific to my autosomal dna.There are a lot more but I dont know the ancestral and derived state for them.

Originally posted by 1798 View Post
    I recently received my results for the FF test. I thought that I would have no matches because there would be very few from Ireland that tested and I got a surprise when I saw that I had 47 pages of matches.
    This is a great test for 99 dollars. My population results are 96.77 western European ,Orcadian and 3.23% Asia, Indian!!!
    In my raw data there are;
    82,867 AG SNPs
    82,981 TC SNPs
    18,914 TG SNPs
    19,103 AC SNPs
    All of these SNPs are specific to my autosomal dna.There are a lot more but I dont know the ancestral and derived state for them.
    Have you uploaded your raw data to gedmatch.com?
    There are numerous features that you can use to analyse your data.
    There are some admixture calculators that can produce some interesting results.
    However, these are limited by the algorithms and sample populations used in the analysis.

Comment

The advanced matches page shows that I have 225 FF 3-5 cousin matches.Most of them must be further back than 5th cousin. There is only one of them with a surname that is in my family tree.
      I can name my 16 GG grandparents who were all born within a 10 mile radius of my home.

Comment

Hi,

Were any of your GGGG grandparents related to each other? That changes the percentage of DNA shared with cousins.
        Originally posted by 1798 View Post
        The advanced matches page shows that I have 225 FF 3-5 cousin matches.Most of them must be further back than 5th cousin. There is only one of them with a surname that is in my family tree.
        I can name my 16 GG grandparents who were all born within a 10 mile radius of my home.

Comment

Originally posted by Rebekah Canada View Post
          Hi,

Were any of your GGGG grandparents related to each other? That changes the percentage of DNA shared with cousins.
          There were some first cousin marriages in the past.
          I have checked out some of my SNPs from FF and my sons autosomal SNPs from Geno2. For the SNP rs1984020 I have CC and my son has AC. Does that imply that he got the C from me and the A from his mother? This is just one example but there are more, in a lot of others he has the same values.

Comment

I thought about a FF test for my wife and son to examine the SNPs and try and separate those that are specific to her and me in my sons results. I realize that it cant be done because 50 % of my wife's ancestors comes from the same area as mine and I wouldn't be able to separate them.

Comment

Working...
            X