rs16965666*T T
    rs4794826* CC
    rs9609421*A A
    rs17745316*G G
    rs7536180*C C
    rs10494778*A A
    rs17430552*T T
    rs332951*TC

I am not sure what this SNP is for, rs11584700GG.
    How did this SNP disappear from my FF raw data file?!!!!! How many others have gone missing as well?

Leave a comment:

replied
    My son has some SNP no calls that I am positive for in the FF raw data so there must be some errors in his results!!!!

Leave a comment:

• LynCra
    replied
    Maybe she does not have such a complete paper trail tree as you have. She may be looking to fill in some gaps through FF matches. Or maybe some of your Irish ancestors had descendants who left the country and changed their names or for some reason did not take the parent´s name. Could have been an adoption.

Leave a comment:

replied
    Originally posted by LynCra View Post
    How can you rule her out as a relative just because she is not Irish and what do you actually mean by not Irish?
    She has listed her family names and none of them are Irish so how are we connected?

Leave a comment:

• LynCra
    replied
    Originally posted by 1798 View Post
    I don't know at present as I haven't the time to go through it all. All I know is that there is a woman who is cousin to my son and me and she also has 500 X SNPs match with me and my son but not in the exact same place in the X.
    I don't know how she can be related to us as she is not Irish.
    How can you rule her out as a relative just because she is not Irish and what do you actually mean by not Irish?

Leave a comment:

replied
    Originally posted by Parameswara View Post
    If you came from isolated area then it's a common thing. You said that you have 16GG grandparents came from within 10 miles radius from your home. So, it's possible if you test some random people from your area then the result will be related.

By the way, how many cM you share with your son in X Chromosome ?
    I don't know at present as I haven't the time to go through it all. All I know is that there is a woman who is cousin to my son and me and she also has 500 X SNPs match with me and my son but not in the exact same place in the X.
    I don't know how she can be related to us as she is not Irish.

Leave a comment:

• Parameswara
    replied
    My son and I have one shared X match!!!!
    If you came from isolated area then it's a common thing. You said that you have 16GG grandparents came from within 10 miles radius from your home. So, it's possible if you test some random people from your area then the result will be related.

By the way, how many cM you share with your son in X Chromosome ?

Leave a comment:

replied
    Why do you think if you are not related to your wife, then you will not get the same allele ? I give you an example ; there are just 3 possible result for rs4477212 which are AA, AG, or GG. So everyone in the world will get one of those 3 possible values.

How many identical SNPs allele (in one segment, in a row) that you both have ? 300, 400, 500 ? If you just have identical allele less than 300 SNPs in a row then you are not related to her. Well, FTDNA threshold is 7 cM (about 700 SNPs) in first segment and 5 cM (about 500 SNPs) in next segment to declare related.
    My son and I have one shared X match!!!!

Leave a comment:

replied
    Originally posted by LynCra View Post
    You are lucky to have such easy paper trail research within reach. I just wish I could find all 16 of mine, which is part of what I hope to get out of FF follow up. How about your next 32. Were they from further afield?
    The church records don't go back far enough to establish a paper trail to all of the 32 but I have some of them.The names are still in the same townlands showing in the Hearth Money Rolls of the 17th century.

Leave a comment:

• Parameswara
    replied
    I can't edit my previous post ?

Well sorry, I mix up something in previous post.

Why do you think if you are not related to your wife, then you will not get the same allele ? I give you an example ; there are just 3 possible result for rs4477212 which are AA, AG, or GG. So everyone in the world will get one of those 3 possible values.

How many identical SNPs allele (in one segment, in a row) that you both have ? 300, 400, 500 ? If you just have identical allele less than 300 SNPs in a row then you are not related to her. Gedmatch use 3 cM as a minimum threshold, 23andme use 7 cM (about 700 SNPs) in first segment and 5 cM (about 500 SNPs) in next segment, while FTDNA threshold is at least 500 SNPs in first segment and a total of 20 cM to declare two people related.
    Last edited by Parameswara; 18 July 2014, 07:38 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Parameswara
    replied
    Thanks. I have downloaded the two of them. It still doesn't answer the question. Why has my wife the same SNPs as I have?
    We are not related.

How many identical SNPs allele (in one segment, in a row) that you both have ? 300, 400, 500 ? If you just have identical allele less than 300 SNPs in a row then you are not related to her. Well, FTDNA threshold is 7 cM (about 700 SNPs) in first segment and 5 cM (about 500 SNPs) in next segment to declare related.
    Last edited by Parameswara; 18 July 2014, 07:01 AM.

Leave a comment:

• LynCra
    replied
    You are lucky to have such easy paper trail research within reach. I just wish I could find all 16 of mine, which is part of what I hope to get out of FF follow up. How about your next 32. Were they from further afield?

Leave a comment:

replied
    You do realize that wikipedia explanation is about coding gene, right ? While majority of SNPs that have been used in ancestry purpose are non coding.
    I know that my 16 GG grandparents came from within a 10 mile radius of my home. That is the gene pool where my autosomal dna comes from.

Leave a comment:

• Parameswara
    replied
    Wikipedia
    "A large gene pool indicates extensive genetic diversity, which is associated with robust populations that can survive bouts of intense selection. Meanwhile, low genetic diversity (see inbreeding and population bottlenecks) can cause reduced biological fitness and an increased chance of extinction, although as explained by genetic drift new genetic variants, that may cause an increase in the fitness of organisms, are more likely to fix in the population if it is rather small."
    You do realize that wikipedia explanation is about coding gene, right ? While majority of SNPs that have been used in ancestry purpose are non coding.

Leave a comment:

replied
    Thanks. I have downloaded the two of them. It still doesn't answer the question. Why has my wife the same SNPs as I have?
    We are not related.
    Wikipedia
    "A large gene pool indicates extensive genetic diversity, which is associated with robust populations that can survive bouts of intense selection. Meanwhile, low genetic diversity (see inbreeding and population bottlenecks) can cause reduced biological fitness and an increased chance of extinction, although as explained by genetic drift new genetic variants, that may cause an increase in the fitness of organisms, are more likely to fix in the population if it is rather small."
    Last edited by 1798; 17 July 2014, 12:52 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X