No announcement yet.

Breast cancer and Genes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did McDonald give you any black and colored dot graphs? If there is a Jewish admixture in there it will show on the graph and about how close you are to it. I have latent Jewish in my Spanish side and McDonald picked it up along with a lot of other Middle Eastern ethnicity. You can see I'm closer to French but my FTDNA FF results were 67% Western European, 17% Native American and 16% Jewish Middle Eastern. None of my close relatives were practicing Jews but the rumor was we "used" to be Jewish. My DNA tests proved that for me. Gedmatch showed middle Eastern (SW Asian) in many of their graphs and also Eastern European. Not all Middle Eastern and Eastern Europeans are Jewish though, unfortunately. McDonalds was dead on for me and all my known mixtures and family tree leads.
    Attached Files

Comment

Also I'm sorry to hear about your mother. I just lost my favourite Aunt to 3 rounds of cancer last July that started with breast cancer and a double mastectomy. Please tell your health care provider and make sure you get a mammogram ASAP. A soon as I found out my aunt had it I told my gyno at Kaiser and they put me in the mammo vice grips THAT NIGHT! With Kaiser they don't play around. If you have any close relative diagnosed with BC they do a mammogram ASAP.

Download the program called Promethease and use their program to tell you if you carry any genes that increase your risk for breast cancer. I carry many of them but it seems to level out for the ones that state I'm at a decreased risk of BC, probably from my fathers side.

http://www.snpedia.com/index.php/Promethease
      Last edited by Favouriteslave; 5 June 2012, 07:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Favouriteslave View Post
        Did McDonald give you any black and colored dot graphs? If there is a Jewish admixture in there it will show on the graph and about how close you are to it. I have latent Jewish in my Spanish side and McDonald picked it up along with a lot of other Middle Eastern ethnicity. You can see I'm closer to French but my FTDNA FF results were 67% Western European, 17% Native American and 16% Jewish Middle Eastern. None of my close relatives were practicing Jews but the rumor was we "used" to be Jewish. My DNA tests proved that for me. Gedmatch showed middle Eastern (SW Asian) in many of their graphs and also Eastern European. Not all Middle Eastern and Eastern Europeans are Jewish though, unfortunately. McDonalds was dead on for me and all my known mixtures and family tree leads.
        thank you all for your responses! mom is still in the hospital at this point... here is the colored dot graph from dr mcdonald of my mom's admixture. how much jewish is there? looking at this is there 'some' jewish? what else can any of you tell me about her admixture? her 4 grandparents were from galicia ukraine...
        Attached Files

Comment

Hi Jilski...from what I have read the very serious form of cancer that is handed down through Jewish ancestry is called 185delAG and it seems to show up in the 20s and 30s. At least early in life not as one gets older. It is serious stuff. You can read about it in the Smithsonian Oct 2008 page 48 Good luck.

Comment

Working...
          X