Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many suggested third cousins do you have in Family Finder?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• loobster
    replied
    It looks like on March 9th, 16 new matches were added. So as of then/ now I have 915 supposed matches on FF (out to and including 5th cousin to Remote with no Suggested Relationship). Of these 915 matches, the closest suggested Relationship is 3rd cousin -- of which there are 13.

Leave a comment:

• ragnar
    replied
    Out of my 120 cousins, 5 are predicted 3rd cousins & 23 are predicted 4th cousins. None confirmed. My son has 92 cousins. Three are predicted 3rd cousins, one of them is a 2nd once removed. He has 12 predicted 4th cousins. My nephew has 160 cousins. He has 15 predicted 3rd cousins of which one is a confirmed a 5th cousin(actually once removed). He has 22 predicted 4th cousins - none confirmed.

Leave a comment:

• ORE
    replied
    Originally posted by aidan View Post
    I have 122 FF cousins.
    Hey aidan-
    Can I ask if any of your 122 FF cousins are suggested as third cousins?
    Thanks,Spence

Leave a comment:

• aidan
    replied
    I have 122 FF cousins.

Leave a comment:

• Stevo
    replied
    I currently have 219 total Family Finder matches.

Twelve of those have "3rd Cousin" listed under "Suggested Relationship."

Leave a comment:

• WCoaster
    replied
    237 total

6 suggested third cousins (2nd-4th)

35 suggested fourth cousins (3rd-5th)

Nearly all “Distant Cousins” look to be a couple of generations further out than suggested.

Leave a comment:

• penguin
    replied
    Total matches = 133
    Number of predicted third cousins = 0
    Number of predicted fourth cousins = 2

(the prediected fourth cousins list a relationship range of 3rd to 5th; have exchanged info with both of them; cannot find common ancestor)

Leave a comment:

• mihun
    replied
    Only 4 matches at all

I have only 4 FF matches, all are speculative remote cousins.

4th Cousin - Remote Cousin - 27,68 10,81
    5th Cousin - Remote Cousin - 31,11 9,81
    5th Cousin - Remote Cousin - 39,44 9,22
    5th Cousin - Remote Cousin - 27,66 7,72

I am afraid, probably I am the least lucky FF tester ever.

Leave a comment:

• ursus
    replied
    Sorry wriong thread.

Leave a comment:

• nolnacsj
    replied
    Originally posted by ORE View Post
    7 new matches today, 2 of which are suggested third cousins. One with a total cM of 73.64 and a longest block of 35.21 and the other a total cM of 52.60 and a longest block of 28.08.
    WOW! You got quite the genetic jackpot. Great!

Like Charlie Brown, "I got a rock..."

Zero new matches this week, and still holding with just one 3rd cousin match since the FF test first launched. Maybe next week!

Leave a comment:

• ORE
    replied
    7 new matches today, 2 of which are suggested third cousins. One with a total cM of 73.64 and a longest block of 35.21 and the other a total cM of 52.60 and a longest block of 28.08.

Leave a comment:

• R Walker
    replied
    Out of 11 matches I have no suggested 3rd cousins. one 4th - Distant, 10- 5th - Distant. So far no matches from 23andMe transfers either.

Leave a comment:

• Mendomaid
    replied
    3rd cousin matches

Total matches 188
    Distant cousin matches 24
    suggested 3rd cousin - 5

Leave a comment:

• nolnacsj
    replied
    Originally posted by jandscotten View Post
    I have 8 out of 166. Unfortunately I'm one of those adopted with little to go on.
    Same as me.....just hold out for that 1st or 2nd cousin match, or one even closer! Someday it just has to happen as more and more people get tested.

My one and only predicted 3rd cousin match and I share 50.38 cM total, and 24.66 cM longest block, matching on 13 segments, but with no other segments 5cM or larger. So, from what I have read on this thread, my match may not actually be a 3rd cousin at all.

Leave a comment:

• jandscotten
    Guest replied
    I have 8 out of 166. Unfortunately I'm one of those adopted with little to go on.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X