Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Matches Coming In

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by suttonwho View Post
    [----] I find it disappointing that people are choosing these settings and wonder if it is partially through lack of understanding. [----]
    I have just submitted a request for an enhancement to FTDNA, to separate e-mail notification settings from sharing/privacy settings. I can imagine some people having nothing against sharing, but seeing no other choice to stop e-mail notifications.

    http://forums.familytreedna.com/showthread.php?t=36080

    Comment


    • Thanks for thinking of that, DNA. It is easy to forget how confusing all of this is when you first start. I'd hate to see people eagerly waiting for matches and then hamstringing themselves unknowingly.

      Comment


      • New matches in dated 27 Oct.

        Dad got 1, I got 3 (one shared with dad), and all are 5th cousins. Paternal grandmother got 2 (including the 1 I share with my dad). Her other match she has in common with me but not my dad. Both of hers are 5th to distant.

        Son A and B got the same 5th cousin match we all share.

        Comment


        • My brother and I have one new match dated Oct 30.

          Comment


          • Father and Mother

            I received no shared matches with my parents this time. My father received a Norwegian match and my mother received a Swedish and a southern U.S. colonial match. The matches are dated October 27 and 28. This past week, my father has been picking up more French-Canadian and Cajun matches on 23and Me but not so many lately on FTDNA.

            Comment


            • New matches.

              Comment


              • Since the beginning of Oct I've had 6 pages of new matches and my brother has had 7. We get both matches that are distant and speculative. He now has a total of 99 pages of matches and I have 91. Since FTDNA hasn't send us notifications of any autosomal test matches since we originally tested, I'm not sure that having the e-mail turned on or off about types of matches is a problem.

                Y-DNA and mtDNA matches notification matches are the only ones we get, no matter how our settings are set.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by keigh View Post
                  Since the beginning of Oct I've had 6 pages of new matches and my brother has had 7. We get both matches that are distant and speculative. He now has a total of 99 pages of matches and I have 91. Since FTDNA hasn't send us notifications of any autosomal test matches since we originally tested, I'm not sure that having the e-mail turned on or off about types of matches is a problem.

                  Y-DNA and mtDNA matches notification matches are the only ones we get, no matter how our settings are set.
                  I have only ever received mtDNA notifications. I don't get Y match or FF match notifications for any of the kits I manage, despite enabling notifications for all matches.

                  Comment


                  • My son got 5 matches, my nephew got 9, & I scored big with 14.

                    Comment


                    • Just to ask, how do people find out if they have got new matches? Does FTDNA let us know by email?

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Matt62 View Post
                        Just to ask, how do people find out if they have got new matches? Does FTDNA let us know by email?
                        They are supposed to, but it doesn't work for many of us.

                        I have to view my matches and sort by Match Date to see if I have new ones.

                        Comment


                        • They do not notify distant or speculative matches by mail. From 600 matches I have only received one mail notification which was for my aunt. Go into your match list and hit the heading on the match date column to get the most recent matches first.

                          Comment


                          • Thanks Sarmat and Lyn for that, I hadn't noticed the 'match date' sorting

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by LynCra View Post
                              They do not notify distant or speculative matches by mail. From 600 matches I have only received one mail notification which was for my aunt. Go into your match list and hit the heading on the match date column to get the most recent matches first.
                              Some people do get notified on distant and speculative matches...

                              No explanation was ever given.

                              It could be that those who have thousands or hundreds of matches do not get notified?

                              Comment


                              • My understanding is that nobody gets notified on distant or speculative matches. If there was an option I would activate, but there isnĀ“t.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X