Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Matches Coming In

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • French and New Englander

    My father received a French-related match. My mother received two New England descendant matches and a mystery match that looks like a Finnish-New England colonial mix.

    My father's match has ancestral surnames connected to my mother's tree! But one of my mom's New England matches has a surname definitely associated with my mom's family.

    I am patiently waiting for Y DNA SNP results (1-2 weeks is the waiting period now).

    Comment


    • Originally posted by PDHOTLEN View Post
      Now at 444 (8 new ones). My computer problems slow my access and researching down. If my guess at my direct maternal line is wrong (I don't see any matches for that alleged surname), then a surname seen in Chester County, SC could be connected somehow. That area was settled about the same time (1700s) as Anson County, NC. Chester County had more English origin settlers, while neighboring Lancaster County had more Scocth-Irish (if I recall). My direct maternal line back then was already mixed, what with Dutch, etc. from NJ, but who were mixing it up on the way south. That was her husband's side. Her (Charity) own line is either a mystery or I accidentally got it right. I still don't know fer shure. Anyway, one of my new matches has a connection with Chester County, SC back then.
      Yeah, OK. I need a secretary or a librarian to do this stuff for me. Anyway, it was not a new match that is connected to Chester County, Sc. It is an "in common with" match to him that goes back to there. But another new match has a jewel of a surname (Ely), which seems to prove my direct maternal line construct is maybe right after all. It is of a female, but does not show her earlier lineage. A sister of the mother of Charity Biles (my direct maternal line), Jemima Hunt, married an Ely in New Jersey. The female Ely on this tree was born 1812 in KY. The only problem is that FTDNA makes it closer in generations than it should be, if I'm right.

      Comment


      • I new match for me. Total now 121 matches.

        Comment


        • I have half a dozen new matches, a couple with surnames and one with a gedcom. All are predicted as fifth to distant. Interestingly, two are Scandinavian and appear to be closely related. Neither match the matches I have deduced are from the town my great great grandmother was born in in Norway. It appears they relate to me through my Irish dad's side, which I should be able to confirm when he receives his results in a few weeks. I also have a match with which I have no matches in common with in the FTDNA database. I am very curious to see how that develops as I suspect she may be related to my seafaring Baltic line.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by PDHOTLEN View Post
            Yeah, OK. I need a secretary or a librarian to do this stuff for me. Anyway, it was not a new match that is connected to Chester County, Sc. It is an "in common with" match to him that goes back to there. But another new match has a jewel of a surname (Ely), which seems to prove my direct maternal line construct is maybe right after all. It is of a female, but does not show her earlier lineage. A sister of the mother of Charity Biles (my direct maternal line), Jemima Hunt, married an Ely in New Jersey. The female Ely on this tree was born 1812 in KY. The only problem is that FTDNA makes it closer in generations than it should be, if I'm right.
            I've been neglecting the "in common with" function. You can see patterns sometimes. With this above match, they range from New England/New York and down into the the South. I notice one surname that pops up for the Carolinas is also in this batch of in common matches: Love. I've seen that in Chester County, SC, for example. It would be in my direct maternal relatives, but how close?
            Last edited by PDHOTLEN; 17 July 2014, 01:01 AM.

            Comment


            • Two shared matches

              Two new matches came in dated July 16: A shared Norwegian match with my dad and an apparently German related shared match with my mom. Rarely do we receive matches that can be grouped by German ancestry.

              The number of matches have been very few lately, but that seems to allow me more time to look for patterns.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by PDHOTLEN View Post
                Yeah, OK. I need a secretary or a librarian to do this stuff for me. Anyway, it was not a new match that is connected to Chester County, Sc. It is an "in common with" match to him that goes back to there. But another new match has a jewel of a surname (Ely), which seems to prove my direct maternal line construct is maybe right after all. It is of a female, but does not show her earlier lineage. A sister of the mother of Charity Biles (my direct maternal line), Jemima Hunt, married an Ely in New Jersey. The female Ely on this tree was born 1812 in KY. The only problem is that FTDNA makes it closer in generations than it should be, if I'm right.
                Well, forget Sarah Ely, the female Ely I was talking about ^. She was from a different Ely lineage. Of the 8 "in common with" matches (including the original match), 5 are on chromosome 13. The other 3 are on #1 & #3. It looks more like later/recent downstream descendants from an earlier Carolinas/Virginia(?) colonial population.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by PDHOTLEN View Post
                  Well, forget Sarah Ely, the female Ely I was talking about ^. She was from a different Ely lineage. Of the 8 "in common with" matches (including the original match), 5 are on chromosome 13. The other 3 are on #1 & #3. It looks more like later/recent downstream descendants from an earlier Carolinas/Virginia(?) colonial population.
                  It looks to me, with very limited information, that the chromosome #13 connection traces back to Jacob Falconbury (1757 NC - 1844 IN) or his wife Charity (1759 NC - 1831 IN). There looks to be more than one of their children involved at points downstream (KY/IN etc).

                  Comment


                  • One possible source for my chromosome #13 matches is Baltimore, Maryland in colonial times (Calvert Maryland). There is little information revealed by my matches, except for the one who shows his GEDCOM tree. I traced the maternal line of Col. Jonathan Hunt's wife back to Baltimore. And one match surname looks rather derived from French (Huguenot?). Then add my Green/Greene line (maternal branch), which goes back to Baltimore.
                    Last edited by PDHOTLEN; 22 July 2014, 06:55 AM.

                    Comment


                    • New matches a couple of hours ago.

                      Comment


                      • I got 8 new matches My mother received 9 new matches 4 of those the same as mine so a net of 13 between us.

                        Still waiting for my father's kit # 31200 in Batch 575.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by PDHOTLEN View Post
                          One possible source for my chromosome #13 matches is Baltimore, Maryland in colonial times (Calvert Maryland). There is little information revealed by my matches, except for the one who shows his GEDCOM tree. I traced the maternal line of Col. Jonathan Hunt's wife back to Baltimore. And one match surname looks rather derived from French (Huguenot?). Then add my Green/Greene line (maternal branch), which goes back to Baltimore.
                          My chromosome #13 match to those others may be, at least partially, of French Huguenot origin. An early surname in Baltimore of J. Hunt's wife's maternal line was speculated about, at Genforum, that it was Huguenot.

                          Comment


                          • FF matches + Y DNA results

                            My mother and I received a shared Finnish cousin, dated July 21. My father received another British mystery match.

                            My Y DNA SNP results finally arrived too. I've been assigned to another SNP group so I am happy about that.

                            Comment


                            • I received 8 new matches and my half-sister received 13 new matches. only 2 matches were shared.

                              Comment


                              • Raw Data downloads

                                Hi,
                                When I tried to do raw data download for a new FF match (Build36 for Gedmatch) I got an error message.

                                Does anyone know if it takes a while for this feature to become available for new results?

                                Thanks

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X