No announcement yet.

New Matches Coming In

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Five new matches for myself, three for my half-sister. Two matches are shared.

Comment

• Just had two kits each with one new match dated 10th. Now I am very curious to see if that is it for this week or whether more will be coming through in the weekend as a result of the big upload that Efgen has referred to in another thread.

Comment

• No new matches for any of my 5 accounts

So that's 1 new match for 1 family member since June 20. I'll never get anywhere this way. The trouble is that Ancestry and 23andMe have slowed to a crawl likewise.

Comment

• Well ancestry can´t expect much else than slowing to a crawl if they won´t let those of us on this side of the pond play

Comment

• Two new ones (now 436). I'm clueless as to how they are related to me. Given as 4th to remote.

Comment

• I have one new match and it must be from my colonial line as we have three pages of matches in common.

Comment

• Batch 574 FF test received my Origins results today, looks like a new round of matches will be coming in shortly in the next few days

Comment

• I have not had any new matches over the weekend. Have I just been so unlucky that none of the new kits match me or has the anticipated upload of many new FF kits by Monday not happened yet?

Comment

• Originally posted by LynCra View Post
                    I have not had any new matches over the weekend. Have I just been so unlucky that none of the new kits match me or has the anticipated upload of many new FF kits by Monday not happened yet?
                    Kit I mentioned above only has my Origin results posted. Typically this is posted first and then a few days later they are added to match database. So this next batch of completed kits should be added within the next day or so.

Comment

• New matches!

Comment

• Efgen was right that there would be some updates by Monday. Now had a total of 15 new matches dated 11 July. Just a shame that none of them are leaping out at me with easy clues as to how to tie them in

Comment

• I manage the accounts of 5 family members and we got a total of only 6 new matches.

0 for my father
                          5 for my mother
                          same 5 for me
                          2 of the 5 for one double cousin
                          1 of the 5 for the other double cousin, plus 1 who matches none of the rest of us.

one 3rd to 5th
                          two 4th to remote
                          three 5th to remote

None look interesting.

Comment

• I have 12 new matches. My mother has 14 between the two of us we gained a total of 19. Because I share a lot of hers. So my mom Sid e gained 14 and my dad's side gained 5 (usually other way around)

16 5th or greater
                            1 3rd to 5th
                            3 4th or greater

And to me they are all interesting because I don't know how they fit yet. And that is what is fun in this endeavor. It is like a giant game of clue.

I just wish they would all upload a gedcom or surnames. And if they don't know them let us know that fact.

Comment

• I'm hoping batch 575 is not far behind, I have an aunt, 1st once removed and a paper trail 6th in that batch.

Comment

• Now at 444 (8 new ones). My computer problems slow my access and researching down. If my guess at my direct maternal line is wrong (I don't see any matches for that alleged surname), then a surname seen in Chester County, SC could be connected somehow. That area was settled about the same time (1700s) as Anson County, NC. Chester County had more English origin settlers, while neighboring Lancaster County had more Scocth-Irish (if I recall). My direct maternal line back then was already mixed, what with Dutch, etc. from NJ, but who were mixing it up on the way south. That was her husband's side. Her (Charity) own line is either a mystery or I accidentally got it right. I still don't know fer shure. Anyway, one of my new matches has a connection with Chester County, SC back then.

Comment

Working...
                                X