X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks Pillar of Fire

I'm anxiously awaiting 563

Comment

• Anyone notice a reset for some of the matching dates in the last batch that was updated? Some of my longstanding matches have been appearing with date of 26th April instead of the original matching date when they are really not new matches at all. Some of them I have input notes about and the notes are still there, why have the matching dates changed?

Comment

• I think they are screwing around with the matches. Matches I've had for a long time all of a sudden come up new. But some of the gedcoms still go to the "houston we have a problem" page

Comment

• This has now happened to me on the 24th, 25th and 26th. I have not had any response from the helpdesk after having reported it a couple of days ago.

Comment

• 61 of my old matches have new dates..

Comment

• Since I sort my matches by:

1. Match Date
              2. Full Name

I hope they settle down & stop switching these around. Does anyone know why the dates change?

Timothy Peterman

Comment

• All of my match dates were reset too. And many of the pages are errors.

Comment

• Looks to me like all dates down to Jan. 27, 2014 were unchanged. Everything after that was reset to a date in late April. I suspect that information from several batches had to be released again, probably to resolve some of the problems that began to creep into the data in February. The centimorgan data appears to be unchanged.

Timothy Peterman

Comment

• Thanks for the explanations. Hopefully that's all the changes over now and that no more will change dates.

Comment

• New Matches Coming In

It appears I have 6 new matches with the date of 4/28, are these real new matches

Comment

• A Shepard, I don't know if your matches dated 4/28 are new but I can confirm I got 2 new matches last night. I noticed straight away as one of them got bumped to my 2nd highest match.

Comment

• Originally posted by suttonwho View Post
                          I can confirm I got 2 new matches last night. I noticed straight away as one of them got bumped to my 2nd highest match.
                          Thanks, after some investigation I see one of the new matches hit a chromo 12 segment that I have a unusually large number of distant cousin matches on. I always note this in the match note field and this match note field was blank so does appear my matches are real new ones.

Comment

• I have one new one (now 396). No info/surnames with it, but has Darwin as his middle name. I haven't checked the chromosome stuff yet.

Comment

• Real new matches

After some of my our old matches received new, more recent dates, we finally got a few truly new matches: A Norwegian for my father, a southern U.S. colonial for my mother and a New England colonial for me.

Checking through these matches and those on 23 and Me, I see where the family name Thornbury/Thornburgh/Thornburg/Thornbery is starting to show on ancestral names lists. My maternal grandfather was a descendant of the Thornbury family.

Comment

• A few more matches

My mother and I share a new Finnish match. My dad got a Norwegian one. My mother received two additional southern U.S. colonials and one New Englander.

I really got up this early to check on Population Finder but nothing has changed there as of yet.

Comment

Working...
                                X