New Matches Coming In

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by PDHOTLEN View Post
    Yeah, I do the same thing; look first at the Chromosome browser to check the total number of matches. As of today I have 374 (6 new ones). One is as close as 2 to 4th cousin, but I don't recognize the name.
    I suspect this match, which is number 3 down from the top, is related in some way to my great-grandfather Charles Leonard Greene, Civil War vet and with Pennsylvania "Dutch" connections (mother and also probably first wife).

Comment

• Nordic matches

Dated Feb. 27 and 28, my parents and I received matches that were primarily Nordic in ancestry. I share a Finnish match with my mother and one definite Norwegian-related match with my father. My mother acquired another Swedish DNA cousin as well. I also picked up an extra Norwegian match that does not show up on either of the match lists of my parents.

The relatively many Finnish matches my mother and I receive are no longer a surprise to me.

Comment

• I'm now at 377, with 3 new ones from Mar 3rd. One of them has a list of surnames, and are mostly from Nova Scotia. I don't recognize the names, or why I have a match in Nova Scotia. Common ancestor in Scotland? Or maybe a Loyalist origin from, say, New England?

Comment

• New matches

Comment

• I have some new matches.

Comment

• contact from matches

If you are waiting for a contact then the best way to improve you odds is to post a family tree.

Comment

• A Norwegian match for my dad and a Swedish one for my mom. I received a Finnish match. No shared DNA cousins today!

Comment

• I have one new FF match, now at 378! This one is a low level match, and is in common with two others. One is in Norway, and the other could be derived from there, or else UK.

Comment

• Originally posted by PDHOTLEN View Post
                    I have one new FF match, now at 378! This one is a low level match, and is in common with two others. One is in Norway, and the other could be derived from there, or else UK.
                    Hmm... The man in Norway matches me on two chromosomes, while the American match above matches me on three chromosomes. But they do not appear on the same chromosomes (I didn't jot the specific chromosomes down). The American is the strongest match (2nd to 4th cousin). It's probably connected to a cousinage in California. I was isolated from living relatives most of my life, so I don't have much information on living relatives. But I suspect my deceased aunt Frannie is involved.

Comment

• I have a new match (distant). It is dated 17 March. My total is now 107 matches. Half of my family came to the US 1826-1864 (Irish & German), and the other half came c1900 (Slovak & Polish).

Comment

• Mom and I just got a new match at the 2nd to 4th cousin level, but the match date is Feb 7th! This is the first match in a long time that wasn't 4th or 5th to remote, but why did it take so long for them to post it?

One cousin got a distant match in Finland. I don't know of any ancestors from Finland, but I have some brick walls in early NJ, and then there's always the Scottish wanderlust! I do have at least a couple of Scottish ancestors.

And another cousin got one match, for a total of 3 new matches for my family. 0 for my Italian father, of course!

Comment

• The new 2nd - 4th cousin has no tree or ancestral surnames posted, of course. He probably won't reply to my email either.

Comment

• A few more matches came in: A shared Norwegian match with my dad and a shared Finnish one with my mom. The Finnish one had an ancestral name that was my great-grandmother's maiden name.

Comment

• I'm up by 2 more, with 380 total. I wish matches would come to me and tell me how I'm related.

Comment

• New matches today.

Comment

Working...
                                X