New Matches Coming In

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stevo View Post
    Thanks. Some branches of my family have been in North America since the 17th century, so I guess that accounts for most of the matches.
    Early Colonial matches are always numerous..I am almost 25% Colonial back to 1640s in Delmarva..25% Norway and 50% Irish..not many Norway matches..at 23andme now I have 860+ matches which I guess would be 40 pages? My first cousins who have an Ashkenazi ancestor I do not share have had 1000 matches from when I first tested them...not always a great thing..

I have been doing autosomal a long time..before the first STRs here..and then a Beta tester at 23andme. I have 3 Ancestor Projects at Gedmatch also..In Lower Delmarva I match many many FF testers..

Early Delaware ( prior to 1700) is very very inbred..I come up as 4th cousin matches to many and we are not really 4th cousins in generations.Our paper records prove that but lots of cousin matches.The prior Director of the Delaware Archives stated that anyone whose ancestors were in Delaware before 1700 is probably related to everyone else whose ancestors were there that early too.You can almost take that to the bank...

I am hoping to match lots of folks next week when my 2 transfers come back..
    My Lower Delmarva group for sure and hoping for more Norway matches..

Comment

Originally posted by ursus View Post
      23 new ones on 2/16 including a predicted second cousin bringing the grand total to 989. Next time it should reach 1000. Most, if not all, of this is entirely worthless.
      I passed 1000 on 2/20/12.

Comment

Today, just noticed more.

24 Matches in total. 6 of them came after very first set.:

20 Feb - 2 matches
        16 Feb - 1 " "
        10 Feb - 1 " "
        17 Jan - 1 " "
        20 Dec - 1 " "
        28 Nov - 18 " "
        Given I don't have an awful lot in total, I have been very pleased with the amount of matches this year. (One of them I wonder if it is a false match though, or if it is very old, but that is a different matter than the topic at hand.)

Comment

I also had new matches on 2/20/2012, but all three are 5th - remote cousins. Didn't realize until today that they were there.

Comment

I got one new predicted 4th cousin on Tuesday, Feb. 28. My nephew got 3 new 4th & 5th to distant cousins. Nothing new for my son.
            Last edited by ragnar; 29 February 2012, 03:34 AM. Reason: added date

Comment

Happy days!

Dad's results came in with 96 matches
              3 new for me (including dad)
              3 new for my mum (also including dad! - see sucess stories!!)
              2 new for my wife

Earl.

Comment

Our new matches for 2-28
                me 3 brother 3 ex-husband 3 sister-in-law 2 and daughter-in-law 2.
                I only recognized one name from 23 and me.

Comment

One new match for me. No extra information entered there and its fairly distant. I'm up to 31 total. My Mom had to retest at 23andMe so I still haven't been able to get results there or transfer her here. I'm going to guess she'll have very few matches on either site since most of the ones I get appear to come from my Dads Kentucky ancestors.

It seems like Europeans are much less represented in both companies databases than people with several generations in the US.

Comment

Thanks for everyone posting this, so that I know when to check. 22 new ones today. None look promising although they include a predicted 3rd and 3 predicted 4th cousins.

I never realized just how intermarried European Jews were until I paid for this test in November. I will complain that only one of the 22 included either family names or a Gedcom.

Comment

• Another came on Feb 29.

It is the 2nd closest I have.

Comment

• One new match for me tonight, a suggested fourth cousin.

Comment

• I manage 3 kits. Only one of them got a new match tonight - a 5th to remote cousin.

Time for another sale?

Carol Anne

Comment

• Things have slowed a little but new matchs still coming in.

Today

0 new for me
                            0 new for mum
                            2 new for dad
                            2 new for wife

Earl.

Comment

• Originally posted by MoberlyDrake View Post
                              I manage 3 kits. Only one of them got a new match tonight - a 5th to remote cousin.

Time for another sale?

Carol Anne
                              I had ZERO new matches come in this week.

I really thought we would have quite a few matches come through as a result of the 23andMe uploads, but I have had only six matches from 23andMe show up here since 2/20/12, out of 463 matches there. I guess not as many people jumped on the upload as I had thought would (HOPED would).

National DNA Day is coming soon......possible 24 hour sale?

Comment

• 13 new ones including two predicted fourth cousins. Nothing that looks promising however.

Comment

Working...
                                X