Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Matches Coming In

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Those five could be real matches. My Aunt's Population Finder results (from Batch 530) showed up yesterday, and I can see her name listed in my father's chromosome browser although not yet in his match list.

    Originally posted by Táltos View Post
    I have 5 new matches according to chromosome browser, but I cannot see them in my actual matches yet. I still have all those "new" matches with old dates from the other day. I'm still not sure what to think of them. And I can't imagine that we all had matches who all of the sudden decided not to be marked private.

    I sure wish FTDNA would explain what happened in the past week with Family Finder. They do after all have a NEWS section on our home page, and a RELEASE NOTES section. One would think there would be an explanation there.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by justsmith View Post
      During the last week, I have also had many “new” matches that had older match dates. I wrote to customer service about this and I received this reply from the help desk: “We have recently refined our matching algorithm and you may have received new matches. The Match Date listed will be the date their test was completed, rather than the day the refinement was completed.”
      Thank you for posting this. What I can't fathom is how they can't be bothered to put this somewhere on everyone's homepage.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Táltos View Post
        I have 5 new matches according to chromosome browser, but I cannot see them in my actual matches yet. .
        Try looking at the "advanced matching" tab and select "FF."
        You can see all your matches there.

        @FTDNA IT
        Have the Arpeggi guys taken over yet?

        Comment


        • Actually, my Aunt's FF results just showed up, so "real" new matches from this latest batch I'm guessing are in, or will be in, momentarily.

          Originally posted by ajmr1a1 View Post
          Try looking at the "advanced matching" tab and select "FF."
          You can see all your matches there.

          @FTDNA IT
          Have the Arpeggi guys taken over yet?

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Katydid View Post
            Those five could be real matches. My Aunt's Population Finder results (from Batch 530) showed up yesterday, and I can see her name listed in my father's chromosome browser although not yet in his match list.
            Yes I'm sure they are real too, as people have been reporting their PF's are coming in. I'm talking about how in the past week I went from I think 104 matches to 126 matches with some having match dates of July 2012, and May 2013 to name a few. Today my "126" has gone up to 131 matches.

            Thanks ajmr1a1, I always forget about that.
            Last edited by Táltos; 1 November 2013, 01:17 PM.

            Comment


            • I'm up to 314 now, as shown on the Chromosome Browser. I went down all 31 pages, but didn't see any definite new ones. I notice family groups are emerging. And there are about a half dozen, at least, doctors and PhD's there.

              Comment


              • With these truly new ones:

                Dad - 2 (amazing!)
                Mom - 5
                Me - 4 of Mom's 5
                Cousin A - 2
                Cousin B - 3

                I'm the only one that got matches the same as someone else, which means that we got a total of 12 different matches. But only one of the 12 has surnames and a tree. This trend see to be increasing at all 3 companies I've tested at.

                Comment


                • It looks like I have new matches for my kits, but 1 kit has lost a match that is a known relative. Common ancestor born 1779 and 5 generations back.
                  Not happy about that at all.
                  FF is becoming a total waste of time and money if they take away your actual relatives and leave you with hundreds of meaningless matches.
                  Last edited by rivergirl; 1 November 2013, 10:03 PM.

                  Comment


                  • I have 23 new matches and a total of 691 on my chromosome browser at FTDNA.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Táltos View Post
                      I sure wish FTDNA would explain what happened in the past week with Family Finder. They do after all have a NEWS section on our home page, and a RELEASE NOTES section. One would think there would be an explanation there.
                      Let's not be too harsh. 'Communication' might be lacking in Family Tree's DNA.

                      Comment


                      • 15 for myself
                        4 for my wife
                        12 for my mother
                        14 for my father
                        9 for my wifes father
                        18 for my wifes mother
                        5 for my son
                        10 for cousin D
                        14 for great aunt

                        Comment


                        • Paternal grandmother: 27 new matches
                          Paternal grandfather: 15 new matches
                          Maternal grandmother: 5 new matches
                          Maternal grandfather: 3 new matches

                          Comment


                          • Maternal grandfather: 105
                            Maternal grandmother: 106
                            father : 105

                            Ashkenazi... matches dont mean anything.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Oshri View Post
                              Maternal grandfather: 105
                              Maternal grandmother: 106
                              father : 105

                              Ashkenazi... matches dont mean anything.
                              No, they mean everything. Or at least everyone.

                              Comment


                              • Halloween matches

                                Our October 31 matches were much better than the last batch. Nine for my mom. Three for my dad and three for me. I share 2 matches with my mom and 1 with my dad.

                                My dad has been picking up Irish-related matches on these DNA tests every once and a while. I have suspected a French or French-Canadian or Acadian connection with these Irish cousins for some time. I noticed in this last batch, one match had an ancestor with a French-sounding name -- and that name is in my dad's family tree.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X