No announcement yet.

New Matches Coming In

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just saw two new matches, one of which looks Norwegian.That brings the total to 169!

Comment

• I got 4 more distant matches.

So, what do we know about the frequency of this FF update process?

Comment

• No new matches for me, Mom, Dad, or my double first cousin!

And the first 12 markers of my Dad's Y-DNA 37 marker test came in last night (I just ordered it on the 12th!) and he has 0 matches at that level!

Comment

• New match tally

I again got the least at 3
          son 7
          Daughter 6
          Daughter 5
          Husband 7

Comment

• Originally posted by MoberlyDrake View Post
            No new matches for me, Mom, Dad, or my double first cousin!

And the first 12 markers of my Dad's Y-DNA 37 marker test came in last night (I just ordered it on the 12th!) and he has 0 matches at that level!

Me, too. My record is 4 months without a match. I still have only 8 non-speculative matches, but one turned out to be a 2nd cousin once removed, even if he was kind of a jerk. Never responded to any emails, but I was able to do some detective work on the email address.

Wasn't that big a deal. I'm sure I had more info than him. His loss.

Comment

• None for me sigh......maybe next time!

Comment

• One new match today.

Comment

• No new matches for my mother, which is very unusual. (It makes me wonder if more matches are forthcoming, either later today or tomorrow.)

My father and I received several mutual matches. He got his first match from Finland. (This is only a few weeks after one of my first cousins told me that my now deceased uncle -- my father's oldest brother -- had heard about Finnish ancestry in the Norwegian branch of the family tree.) My mother is the one who usually gets the Finnish matches.

So far then, a little something new for my dad.

Comment

• I got 1 match, my son got 2 matches, & my nephew got 6 matches, one of which was a predicted 2nd cousin.

Comment

• 2 for me. None for my mom. Nothing close. I do prefer getting a few at a time over a whole bunch at the end of the month. Means I can slowly keep all my records up to date.

Comment

• Some GEDCOMS in this weeks new matches which helps a lot. Sadly I can see nothing obvious in the way of confirmed relations. Two new fourths were the closest in terms of FTDNA predictions.

The scores for this week are…

2 for my mother in law
                        0 for my father in law
                        5 for my father
                        1 for my mother
                        1 for my wife
                        3 for me
                        2 for my son

Comment

• Do you guys put much stock in to the surnames? I have some surnames that show up more then once and some of the surnames that show up more then once, also show up in the "most distant ancestors" of the people that show up more then once..hope that makes sense lol

Comment

• Depends on your family. I don't, because Ashkenazi Jews have used surnames for only the last 200 years, and the first hundred of that was extremely fluid. If you're (say) English, it's a lot more useful.

Comment

• Originally posted by sjadelson View Post
                              Depends on your family. I don't, because Ashkenazi Jews have used surnames for only the last 200 years, and the first hundred of that was extremely fluid. If you're (say) English, it's a lot more useful.
                              I'm asking because I have lot of Spanish surnames and I have no Spanish come up in my population finder and I was wondering if I should bother about researching the surnames. I am mostly trying to find out more information on my father and these seem to be mainly matches that match my fathers alleged surname. Many of the matches seem to share the same surnames.

Comment

• Originally posted by RosemaryFurtaw View Post
                                I'm asking because I have lot of Spanish surnames and I have no Spanish come up in my population finder and I was wondering if I should bother about researching the surnames. I am mostly trying to find out more information on my father and these seem to be mainly matches that match my fathers alleged surname. Many of the matches seem to share the same surnames.

If your father might have a Spanish name are these Mexico matches your getting with Spanish names? Keep in mind that both African and American Indian in Mexico would have been given Spanish names. Also many people in Mexico are given Russian/Finnish on population finder and its not accurate. Population finder is in beta.

Comment

Working...
                                X