No announcement yet.

New Matches Coming In

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know what you mean, JuanCarlos, I only have like 9 matches and two of them are family members I see every day, 4 of them are 5th cousin-remote non-Hispanics, and the rests is an actual 4th cousin who's tested his family. Finding him has been the most exciting part of this test... but 7 matches, not counting my immediate family, is still pretty low. I don't think there's a sizable population of Hispanics in the database (and even less Cuban-Americans).

Comment

My Cuban-American husband is holding steady with 8 FF matches, 953 12/12 yDNA matches, one 23/25, no 37 marker matches and naturally, no 67 marker matches. Good thing he's not a genealogy buff or he'd be disappointed.

He is R1b1a2 L513-

Comment

Originally posted by ahernandez View Post
        I know what you mean, JuanCarlos, I only have like 9 matches and two of them are family members I see every day, 4 of them are 5th cousin-remote non-Hispanics, and the rests is an actual 4th cousin who's tested his family. Finding him has been the most exciting part of this test... but 7 matches, not counting my immediate family, is still pretty low. I don't think there's a sizable population of Hispanics in the database (and even less Cuban-Americans).
        That is certainly true.

Comment

Originally posted by JuanCarlos View Post
          Yes, I guess we'll have to wait for a significant increase in the number of FF orders, before seeing more matches. I wish people would at least list their family surnames and countries of origin.
          Yes, I wish more people would include a surname list and countries of origin also, and a Gedcom if they can. I also wish they would all upload their results to Gedmatch.

Well, it is a new week. I sure hope more new matches come in as I am still batting zero for the new year. I want to know what it feels like to have a close FF match come in! OK, complaint session over.....

Judy

Comment

Has anyone gotten any new matches since January 17? Is the lab able to process a batch every week, or do they only post new results every other week?

I keep hoping that, with all the kits sold during the sale, I'll get a few new matches at least. Only one new one last week.

Carol Anne

Comment

Nothing new since Jan 17 for me.

Comment

Same here... about a dozen on 17 Jan.

Comment

Nothing since 1/17 either. I only got my own results on 12/20/11 myself. Since then I got 12 new ones on 12/30 and 26 on 1/17, so it does not appear that they update weekly.

Comment

Two new matches for my mother tonight. One of those also matches me, but both are very distant. My cousin's account also got a new match.

It appears that new matches are posted about every 10 days???

Carol Anne

Comment

Originally posted by MoberlyDrake View Post
                      Two new matches for my mother tonight. One of those also matches me, but both are very distant. My cousin's account also got a new match.

Carol Anne
                      Another 12 meaningless matches.

Comment

Originally posted by MoberlyDrake View Post

Carol Anne
                        FINALLY!

Tonight I finally received my first new matches for 2012. Two.....and they are both 5th-remote with no surname list or Gedcom....sigh. However, at least I have some activity happening in the new year. Total count now: 56. Closest match to date, a predicted 3rd cousin.

At least I didn't get skunked for the month of January!

Judy

Comment

Well, this is fun! My wife and I both got several new matches today. What's interesting is that one of them matches both of us. Same guy. I just checked in Chromosome Browser and it ***appears*** that we share one segment of 3.64cM and 500 SNPs. Start and end points *appear* to be identical.

I know that the numbers are rounded off, and I know that this segment is small enough that there is a very real possibility that it is an IBS rather than an IBD segment.

But please don't ruin our fun! You can't stop us from calling each other 'cuz' here around the house!!

Comment

I have 15 pages of matches = about 150 matches to start off with!
                            But none closer then a suggested 3rd cousin, and the rest more distant.
                            I figured I would have some distant matches considering my family has lived in Virginia and Kentucky since the 1700's - 1800's and have many descendants in those states today.
                            But I certainly was not expecting to have around 150 matches to start off with!

Comment

I just looked, of my 150 matches, about 75 have failed to mention any surnames what so ever. 50% of my matches with no surnames to compare to, sad!

Comment

3 new matches for me (up to 148), after a dry spell of about a month. One has nice gedcoms for maternal and paternal lines. The other 2 have not listed surnames ond one of those is predicted to be a 3rd- 5th cousin. Have written to all 3 to see if we can figure out how we connect.

Comment

Working...
                                X