X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Geneadict
    • Dec 2010

Affy to Illumina conversions complete?

Wanted to know if this was true. Also wanted to know if all conversions have now been uploaded with the large number of additional matches appearing earlier in the week.
  • JPHutchins
    FTDNA Customer
    • Jan 2010

I don't see how the conversions/uploads can be complete, there are too many people missing Affy matches that should have converted over to Illumina. I am still missing about 35 matches, including a 3rd cousin.

Comment

• MoberlyDrake
      mtDNA: T2b5 | Y-DNA: J-M172
      • May 2010

If it is complete, I have lost exactly one half of my matches! But I don't think it's complete.

Comment

• mkdexter
        FTDNA Customer
        • Dec 2009

batch 400 is complete but there are other batches too (like 401, 402, 403, 404) .. so the total set is not complete. A few thousand to go.
        Last edited by mkdexter; 7 April 2011, 03:00 PM.

Comment

• Javelin
          FTDNA Customer
          • Jan 2009

Originally posted by mkdexter View Post
          batch 400 is complete
          I beg to differ. My pending lab results tab still says:

TESTS EXPECTED* BATCH
          Family Finder Conversion(Chip02) 03/30/2011 400

though on a project admin page it says

Family Finder Conversion Chip02 400 06/04/2011

Doesn't matter which you pick, they're both passed. So the labwork might be done, but at a minimum the uploading/matrix isn't.

Comment

• MoberlyDrake
            mtDNA: T2b5 | Y-DNA: J-M172
            • May 2010

Actually, I would have lost more than half of my matches if the conversion were complete. I had 46. Now I have 23, but 6 of them are new.

Carol Anne

Comment

• JPHutchins
              FTDNA Customer
              • Jan 2010

[QUOTE=Javelin;323904]I beg to differ. My pending lab results tab still says:

TESTS EXPECTED* BATCH
              Family Finder Conversion(Chip02) 03/30/2011 400

though on a project admin page it says

Family Finder Conversion Chip02 400 06/04/2011

Doesn't matter which you pick, they're both passed. QUOTE]

Unless you are reading that final date as April 06, 2011 (Day/month/year) your pending lab result tab indicates that your results could be back as late as early June, 2011.

Comment

• Javelin
                FTDNA Customer
                • Jan 2009

I'm not sure how to read it, frankly, because June would be so out of whack with the "2-3 weeks" promise made back in February that I would prefer not to contemplate it.

Comment

• CAM
                  FTDNA Customer
                  • Mar 2010

FF Conversions

I called FTDNA today and the person I talked with told me the conversions were all most finished. If this is true and I do not get a lot more matches I will have lost about half of my Affy matches including 4th. cousins .
                  I put my uncle in for FF before I knew they were going to change to illumina so his results took months for them to be processed ended up being done after 1 Feb. so he went right to Illumina so I won't know if he would have gotten the matches I am missing with Affy so far he only has 2 of the ones I had with Affy that I have not gotten.
                  He has 6 more pages of results than I do. I don't think we even share 15 of the same matches
                  It would have been nice to know if he had Affy what would have happened
                  Sending a letter to FTDNA when conversions are finished.

Cheryl

Comment

• mkdexter
                    FTDNA Customer
                    • Dec 2009

Originally posted by Javelin View Post
                    I beg to differ. My pending lab results tab still says:
                    Hmmmm.. well if your's is in batch 400 and its not done then I have to take back what I said.

Batch 400 was supposed to have been done in the last 2000 kits loaded Monday, in fact even some of batch 401 and 402 was loaded Monday too.

There are a few thousand conversions to go - I do know that much for sure.

It could be possible that your kit was ran but needed to be re-ran or something. You'd have to ask them to find out for sure.

MD.

Comment

• LSSmith
                      FTDNA Customer
                      • Nov 2010

I got results for 3 kits from batch number 404. They weren't due until May 11th. Very good turn around!

Comment

• Javelin
                        FTDNA Customer
                        • Jan 2009

Originally posted by LSSmith View Post
                        Very good turn around!
                        Maybe for you: atrocious turnaround for me.

Comment

• Javelin
                          FTDNA Customer
                          • Jan 2009

Originally posted by mkdexter View Post
                          It could be possible that your kit was ran but needed to be re-ran or something. You'd have to ask them to find out for sure.
                          I know of at least one other kitholder to whom the same situation applies, and neither of us has been sent a new swab kit yet. I suspect it's just very haphazard.

Comment

• Javelin
                            FTDNA Customer
                            • Jan 2009

Originally posted by JPHutchins View Post
                            Unless you are reading that final date as April 06, 2011 (Day/month/year) your pending lab result tab indicates that your results could be back as late as early June, 2011.
                            I double-checked. The admin page is ordered date/month/year, so it is supposed to have been ready.

Comment

• LSSmith
                              FTDNA Customer
                              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Javelin View Post
                              Maybe for you: atrocious turnaround for me.
                              I absolutely understand your frustration and anger. Not being told what the problem is makes it worse. I ordered a FF test the day they went on sale to the public way back when. My brothers DNA was already at FTDNA so I just ordered the test and waited for the results and I waited and waited and got a new kit and waited and waited and then they wanted to send me another new kit and I said no. I asked for and got a refund instead. I waited a few months, did some gardening and decided to test myself and later on some other people too. It is just awful to wait and FTDNA doesn't do themselves any favors by sticking their heads in the sand and not communicating the problem either. I hope you get your results soon have you called FTDNA yet?

Comment

Working...
                              X