Family Finder Results!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Perspective and Range

wow. Some big numbers above. What is the current range today?

Ashkenazi?
    Colonial?
    Native American?
    United Kingdom?
    Scandinavian?
    Iberian?
    Middle Eastern?
    Asian?
    African or African American?
    Etc Etc

Oh by the way. Thanks for the chromosome browser tip.

Comment

Originally posted by GayeSherman View Post
      This morning I got 79 new matches for a total of 277 with 100 Affy matches (of 254) missing or waiting to be converted. Now if only I could figure out how I'm related to them!

A Second Cousin would be nice.

The joys of being (half) Ashkenazi.
      Wow you must be overjoyed. I got 2 new ones and one of those matches I paid for.

Comment

well that's better then not getting one you paid for.

Comment

Well...I got notification of a new result for my kit.

I looked under my family finder section of my page and the results are not there. However, there is a name listed under my mtDNA page matches with the family finder in parentheses. I do not think it should be there since mtDNA is not used for family finder. Perhaps it should be reloaded into the right section of my page?...

help?.......

Comment

Originally posted by RColeman View Post
            I do not think it should be there since mtDNA is not used for family finder.help?.......
            That means that your mtDNA match also had the FF test. One of my thousands of HVR1/HVR2 matches didn't show up in my FF results, but I could figure out how I was related to her. Then, on gedmatch.com, I noticed that she was related to some of my other FF matches.

Comment

Originally posted by econnore View Post
              That means that your mtDNA match also had the FF test. One of my thousands of HVR1/HVR2 matches didn't show up in my FF results, but I could figure out how I was related to her. Then, on gedmatch.com, I noticed that she was related to some of my other FF matches.
              Oh ok.

Then the e-mail should have stated that I had a new HVR I match instead of a family finder match?

This is confusing enough as it is.

Here I am scouring my FF list (which took all of 5 minutes with the lone 4 matches I do have currently ).

Comment

Late April Fools joke

FTDNA really got me just a few minutes ago. Last night I received 16 new matches, but no email from FTDNA.

A few minutes ago I received an email from FTDNA saying that I had new Family Finder matches. I hurriedly went to my homepage, but alas, there were no new matches since last night.

FTDNA, you really got me on that one. But I am glad to have received the matches that I got.

Comment

Originally posted by JPHutchins View Post
                  FTDNA really got me just a few minutes ago. Last night I received 16 new matches, but no email from FTDNA.

A few minutes ago I received an email from FTDNA saying that I had new Family Finder matches. I hurriedly went to my homepage, but alas, there were no new matches since last night.

FTDNA, you really got me on that one. But I am glad to have received the matches that I got.
                  Same thing here. I received 3 new matches late last night. Just now I got an email from FTDNA saying I have new results, went and checked (all excited because I thought I had a close match waiting for me), and nothing new since last night. So, either FTDNA has one hand not knowing what the other is doing (actual results released and later the actual email notification), or I am about to get more matches that are "close" in a few hours..... I hope for the later.

Judy

Comment

Oh ok.

Then the e-mail should have stated that I had a new HVR I match instead of a family finder match?

This is confusing enough as it is.

Here I am scouring my FF list (which took all of 5 minutes with the lone 4 matches I do have currently ).
                    I NEVER get any notices from FTDNA regarding my mtDNA results. It has been well over a year since I had my full sequence done, and I still have the same exact original matches today, 9 HVR1, 3 HVR2, and 1 FMS match.

Does anyone ever get new mtDNA matches over time? You would think at least an occasional HVR1 would come along after a year, right?

When I wrote FTDNA around 6 months ago, they replied that I had a unusual DNA signature....

I only had 33 Affy matches after a year, but at least an occasional new one used to roll in every month.

Judy

Comment

24 to 48

I think the emails are probably being sent when all of the results have been uploaded which appears to take a great deal of time when there is a large volume. It was pretty funny to get the email two weeks ago saying my results are ready. I had already sent a half dozen emails to my Y group administrator and heard from two gentlemen with haplotype near matches.
                      Shears

Comment

FGS with eight HVR1 matches, zero other. Results received about a year ago, and one new match about 3 months ago.

Originally posted by nolnacsj View Post
                        I NEVER get any notices from FTDNA regarding my mtDNA results. It has been well over a year since I had my full sequence done, and I still have the same exact original matches today, 9 HVR1, 3 HVR2, and 1 FMS match.

Does anyone ever get new mtDNA matches over time? You would think at least an occasional HVR1 would come along after a year, right?

When I wrote FTDNA around 6 months ago, they replied that I had a unusual DNA signature....

I only had 33 Affy matches after a year, but at least an occasional new one used to roll in every month.

Judy

Comment

I only had about 17 matches with Affy, all 5th cousins or more distant; so far only have 2 matches with Illumina, both 5th cousins or more distant (maybe 10th distant cousins lol); I am just wondering how common is it to have so few matches?

Comment

Well...I got notification of a new result for my kit.

I looked under my family finder section of my page and the results are not there.
                            I also got a notification yesterday, but no new match. I haven't had a new match in a couple of weeks.

Comment

My wife gets notices of HVR1 matches all the time - several a week. Makes.me.sick! ;-) She has over 9000 HVR1 matches (H haplogroup). I have 0 HVR1 matches (L1b1a haplogroup)

Originally posted by JamesKelley View Post
                              FGS with eight HVR1 matches, zero other. Results received about a year ago, and one new match about 3 months ago.

Comment

Originally posted by JamesKelley View Post
                                Interesting, so I am not the only one. Have you ever asked FTDNA why do you have so few matches? At least you know that more do come in because you had a new one 3 months ago.

I am mtDNA haplogroup J1c2b.

Comment

Working...
                                X