Family Finder Results!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Family Finder Results!

Just after midnight east coast time my Family Finder results showed up. 66 matches. 2 are suggested 3rd cousins.

Population Finder Beta
    Europe (Western European) Orcadian 95.48%
    Middle East Adygei, Iranian, Jewish 4.26%
    Last edited by ORE; 4 April 2011, 11:36 PM. Reason: dropped second line of PF

Originally posted by ORE View Post
    Just after midnight east coast time my Family Finder results showed up. 66 matches. 2 are suggested 3rd cousins.

Population Finder Beta
    Europe (Western European) Orcadian 95.48%
    Middle East Adygei, Iranian, Jewish 4.26%
    WOW! You hit the mother load!

I got some also....3, but it beats a blank!

Judy

Comment

I just got 16 new matches, with two 4th cousins.

Comment

finally!

my results came in just now too! I only have two matches now, down from about 17. One of those is new, but likely no relation whatsoever (at least not any closer than 5th or 6th distant cousin), and one of those is a carryover from Affy, but likely not any closest than a 6th cousin, if at that., since we match on two surnames which are among the most common in the Spanish speaking world...

Comment

Originally posted by ORE View Post
          Lucky you! I got 0 new matches and I am still at a total of 8. I was in the first Illumina batch (was never tested on Affymetrix), so I don't know how many to expect in total.

Comment

New matches may not show on "new since last log in"

Here's a tip I picked up from another thread: These new matches don't always show up when you look only at "new since last log in" (I got 0), so be sure to scroll through the whole list for names you don't recognize.

When I scrolled through the whole list, I spotted 5 new names. That's a significant jump, from a total of 15 to 20!

Comment

Originally posted by bkilpatrick View Post
              Here's a tip I picked up from another thread: These new matches don't always show up when you look only at "new since last log in" (I got 0), so be sure to scroll through the whole list for names you don't recognize.
              Another tip: I usually go to the chromosome browser to check as it lists "x to y of n" matches. In my case "1 to 8 of 8". If the last number has increased, I have new matches. From what I understand, the chromosome browser lists all matches no matter if they're old, new, close or speculative.

Comment

Originally posted by bkilpatrick View Post

When I scrolled through the whole list, I spotted 5 new names. That's a significant jump, from a total of 15 to 20!
                I never even bother with "new since last log-in", I look at close ones, then click show all matches. I keep a print-out of my list of Affy matches, and have written down the names of any Illumina ones in the order that they arrived, with the number they are when they came in (so 1,2,3,4,5....). I have 22 now, so if the next time I look there are more than 22 when I show all matches, then I know I have new matches and I then look for the new names.
                Last edited by nolnacsj; 5 April 2011, 12:43 PM. Reason: grammar

Comment

Well, yes, but to clarify: The Affy chromosome browser will list all of those for your Affy matches and the Illumina chromosome browser will ist all of those for your Illumina matches. And never the twain shall meet. That is my understanding (Someone will correct me, hopefully, if I'm wrong!) And the best part is when all the conversions are done, they'll blow the Affy portion of the website away.

I believe this is one reason why Matt strongly suggested we each download our Affy data and make sure we have those backed up, because at some point they will no longer be accessible to us.

Except of course on Gedmatch!

Originally posted by k.o.gran View Post
                  Another tip: I usually go to the chromosome browser to check as it lists "x to y of n" matches. In my case "1 to 8 of 8". If the last number has increased, I have new matches. From what I understand, the chromosome browser lists all matches no matter if they're old, new, close or speculative.

Comment

New matches for us too!

My wife got a 3rd!! We have the surname and I hope we can find the connection on the tree. I am also hoping this may be the catalyst that gets my wife interested in the genetics of genealogy!

Comment

Oh, dear. If you BOTH get hooked, who's gonna hold the household together? Somebody's got to make dinner, check on the kids (and/or the pets) at least once in a while, make sure the bills are paid, do the errands... Careful what you wish for!!!!

Originally posted by briancowings View Post
                      New matches for us too!

My wife got a 3rd!! We have the surname and I hope we can find the connection on the tree. I am also hoping this may be the catalyst that gets my wife interested in the genetics of genealogy!

Comment

A few new matches

I got two new matches -- one a third cousin who also matches my brothers. Still waiting for all my Affy matches to show up.

Comment

11 new matches here ! ::::happy::::

Comment

When I first got my results about 2 or 3 weeks early I had 55 match up too 2 weeks ago the list grow steady up to 81. Than in the last 2 weeks nothing and I began to wonder. Than this mourning from 81 to 112 WOW! That is ..........calculating thats 31 new matches NICE! Will have to see what happen next time but good job FF.

Comment

This morning I got 79 new matches for a total of 277 with 100 Affy matches (of 254) missing or waiting to be converted. Now if only I could figure out how I'm related to them!

A Second Cousin would be nice.

The joys of being (half) Ashkenazi.

Comment

Working...
                              X