No new additions to FF matches this week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No new additions to FF matches this week

Has anyone else noticed a drop off in the number of additions to the Illumina FF matches this week? I think I had a couple of new ones maybe on Monday, both for my wife and for me - but nothing at all since. Seems like Wednesday/Thursday has come and gone with nothing new in my Christmas stocking. Leading me to wonder if Santa Claus has finished his rounds and there's no more candy to be had?

Last I'd heard there were still a lot of conversions to go - no?

The only thing I've noticed is that I have not received my converted results yet. I am in batch 400. It says March 30. I hope it does not become April 15.

Comment

Affy/illumina match count thus far

Using an old Affy FF list I had saved (thanks, Matt), and the Illumina FF list I just was able to export, here's my headcounts:

Old Affy matches = 75
      New Illumina matches = 61

Illumina only = 29
      Affy only = 43
      Illumina & Affy both = 32

Total people who match = 104
      Total Illumina matches = 61
      Total Affy matches = 75

It would appear that 43% of my Affy matches have been converted (32/75), but that's only true if all Affy matches will eventually become Illumina matches (i.e., none get lost along the way).

I'm going to assume that even if I lose some, I'm not going to lose more than half, and that there must be a bunch more Affy conversions in the pipeline.

Comment

Originally posted by dwight View Post
        Has anyone else noticed a drop off in the number of additions to the Illumina FF matches this week? I think I had a couple of new ones maybe on Monday, both for my wife and for me - but nothing at all since. Seems like Wednesday/Thursday has come and gone with nothing new in my Christmas stocking. Leading me to wonder if Santa Claus has finished his rounds and there's no more candy to be had?

I am part of Batch 400 and was finally converted at the end of last week. Since then I had a few new matches added. But there are many of my Affy matches - including close ones - that don't seem to have been converted yet. I was really expecting a big bunch soon.

(And, parenthetically: I tried to edit my "signature" here, since it is a little different with the new Population Finder. I am now not just 100% Middle East, but 100% Middle East (Jewish). Not to hijack this thread, but does anyone have any idea why it wasn't possible to edit my signature here?)

Vivian

Comment

If you click on "User CP" up towards the top on the far left, you will then see "Edit Signature" as one of the many options in the left column. (You must be logged in to the Forums in order to see "User CP")

Originally posted by vivianruth View Post
          I am part of Batch 400 and was finally converted at the end of last week. Since then I had a few new matches added. But there are many of my Affy matches - including close ones - that don't seem to have been converted yet. I was really expecting a big bunch soon.

(And, parenthetically: I tried to edit my "signature" here, since it is a little different with the new Population Finder. I am now not just 100% Middle East, but 100% Middle East (Jewish). Not to hijack this thread, but does anyone have any idea why it wasn't possible to edit my signature here?)

Vivian

Comment

Using an old Affy FF list I had saved (thanks, Matt), and the Illumina FF list I just was able to export, here's my headcounts:

Old Affy matches = 75
            New Illumina matches = 61

Illumina only = 29
            Affy only = 43
            Illumina & Affy both = 32

Total people who match = 104
            Total Illumina matches = 61
            Total Affy matches = 75

It would appear that 43% of my Affy matches have been converted (32/75), but that's only true if all Affy matches will eventually become Illumina matches (i.e., none get lost along the way).

I'm going to assume that even if I lose some, I'm not going to lose more than half, and that there must be a bunch more Affy conversions in the pipeline.
            Dwight, I am batch 400 and started receiving new Illumina and converted Affy results back on 2/28. However, things have slowed way down and I only have 19 matches now with Illumina, and only 4 of those are converted Affy. I originally had 33 Affy so a lot of my matches have yet to come over.

I had one new Illumina show up around 3/13, and then one more on 3/21 so things have slowed down a lot for me now. I am starting to worry about those 29 missing Affy matches!

Judy

Comment

Well my results have not been converted yet. I signed up the first day, am in Batch 400 and my due date changes from 4 April, 30 March, back to 4 April and back to 30 March.
              The 2-3 weeks quoted in the email was a sham.
              I'm sure there are many more who are not converted yet, wether they signed up for it or not. If its taken 6 weeks to do the ones who signed up, how long for the entire lot...

Comment

I requested the conversion for my mother's kit within minutes of the e-mail notice and a few hours later for my father's. As of this morning, my mother still has only one Illumina match - she had 18 Affy, and my father has none - he had 8 Affy.

Comment

Old test had 97 matches 13 close to Immediate and went 2 months or more without any new matches. Since the up grand to the new test which was complete about 3 weeks early and I have had the results for 2 weeks. I have gone from 55 matches to start up too 81 matches in just those two weeks.
                  Last edited by EdwardRHill; 26 March 2011, 08:14 AM.

Comment

I'm seeing the same thing. Less than half of my Affy matches have been converted. They had been trickling in fairly regularly, but for me they stopped about a week ago.

Comment

I am in batch 400 also, and started receiving Illumina results about March 11. I have received no new results for a week now. I had 48 Affymetix results. I have 29 Illumina results, with 14 of them from my Affymetrix matches.
                      Donna

Comment

I received the first of my Illumina matches about 2/23 and then have received four additional matches spanned ot since then. It has been about 10 days since the last match was posted.

I now have 33 Illumina matches, of those 16 are Affy conversions and 17 are Illumina only.

I originally had 65 Affy matches, so I only have a 24% conversion rate. I had a 3rd cousin under Affy that has not yet shown up as an Illumina match. I had communication with a relative of the 3rd cousin match and we were able to find narrow down our MRCA to within 20 years. We share a same relative, but are unable to find the diversion at a lower generation, perhaps an illigitimate child (?) or something that appears to be undocumented. This would have been in the 1750's.

I think that FTDNA probably (again) overestimated their conversion rate timeframe. However anxious I am, I will continue to wait and check daily.

Comment

Originally posted by djparlette View Post
                          I am in batch 400 also, and started receiving Illumina results about March 11. I have received no new results for a week now. I had 48 Affymetix results. I have 29 Illumina results, with 14 of them from my Affymetrix matches.
                          Donna

Just consider yourself lucky to have got your results so soon: many of us don't still have them yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Javelin View Post
                            Just consider yourself lucky to have got your results so soon: many of us don't still have them yet.
                            Matt, can you get some updated info from FTDNA regarding batch 400 Affy conversions? 28 out of 33 of my Affy matches have yet to show up on Illumina. It would be nice to know that more will be coming at some point. Otherwise, when we see posts saying that batch 400 is completed, we worry!

I am assuming that even though batch 400 has been completed, that the results have not all been loaded yet. Can you please verify? It would be nice to know how much longer we wait before we assume that we have lost some of our Affy matches under Illumina. Maybe a big "dump" of results is about to happen????

If in the end, we are still missing a lot of Affy's, then the question will be, how do our Affy matches rate now if they do not show up in Illumina? I assume they are still real but they share DNA with me on segments not overlapped by Illumina, right?

Sorry if I am the only one confused....

Thanks, Judy
                            Last edited by nolnacsj; 29 March 2011, 11:41 AM.

Comment

I'm also in batch 400 and it says there March 30, as the date when results will be available, but I even doubt that, considering the way FTDNA moves.

Comment

Working...
                              X