Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Illumina PF

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Illumina PF

    Well.. It's almost here. Should be soon, maybe even tomorrow but we all know how schedules end up going, always a surprise that throws a monkey wrench in the wheels so even if I heard tomorrow I'd be cautious not to promise anything.

    But as you see I've heard a little news.. Some of this is old news I'm reposting.

    This Illumina PF took a while to finalize as adding more SNPs did mean a lot more work on the calculations and related IT work. It is supposed to be almost ready now.

    This Illumina PF will use over 2.5x the SNPs Affy used. The will result in slightly higher resolution which translates more toward the % readings than anything else.

    This Illumina PF will include maps, samples were shown last October at the FTDNA Group Admin conference.

    No new populations yet but there are some in future plans.

    Good luck all! Hopfully there are no monkey wrenches coming and if true we'll see some PF results in Illumina soon.



    MD.

  • #2
    Thanks for the news. Any word at all on X chr matching?

    Comment


    • #3
      I have not heard even a hint on X matching but also I have not asked... so that may be partly my fault.

      Comment


      • #4
        No new references? Geez. Given that I'm not expecting a whole lot of changes to my results without adding more populations to the reference list. As for monkey wrenches, I'd be willing to bet my first child (if I have one) that there will be some sort of monkey wrench scenario, there always is.

        Comment


        • #5
          Hallelujah!!!

          Thanks for the update, MD.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by mkdexter View Post
            Well.. It's almost here. Should be soon, maybe even tomorrow but we all know how schedules end up going, always a surprise that throws a monkey wrench in the wheels so even if I heard tomorrow I'd be cautious not to promise anything.

            But as you see I've heard a little news.. Some of this is old news I'm reposting.

            This Illumina PF took a while to finalize as adding more SNPs did mean a lot more work on the calculations and related IT work. It is supposed to be almost ready now.

            This Illumina PF will use over 2.5x the SNPs Affy used. The will result in slightly higher resolution which translates more toward the % readings than anything else.

            This Illumina PF will include maps, samples were shown last October at the FTDNA Group Admin conference.

            No new populations yet but there are some in future plans.

            Good luck all! Hopfully there are no monkey wrenches coming and if true we'll see some PF results in Illumina soon.



            MD.
            So Illumina PF is testing over 1 million SNPs?

            I'm looking forward to my results!

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by RColeman View Post
              So Illumina PF is testing over 1 million SNPs?

              I'm looking forward to my results!
              no

              Affy PF did not use all the SNPs tested because there were no reference pops tested on those SNPs

              Comment


              • #8
                I may have worded that bad. I said: "This Illumina PF will use over 2.5x the SNPs Affy used." I meant over 2.5 times 92K SNPs

                Affy PF used 92K SNPs out of 500K
                Illumina PF will use 295K SNPs out of 710K

                MD.
                Last edited by mkdexter; 17 March 2011, 01:40 AM.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by mkdexter View Post
                  I may have worded that bad. I said: "This Illumina PF will use over 2.5x the SNPs Affy used." I meant over 2.5 times 92K SNPs

                  Affy PF used 92K SNPs out of 500K
                  Illumina PF will use 295K SNPs out of 710K

                  MD.
                  Thanks for the clarification!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Illumina PF is now online.

                    Illumina PF is now online. See beginning of this thread for other details.

                    MD.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Still 100% European.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Check under your map for some added info. Each person's will vary.

                        Some people do have completely different readings now.. for example my mother's changed, mine did not.

                        A lot of work was done on the Jewish grouping in Illumina. My mother now shows in that group but didn't in Affy.


                        MD
                        Last edited by mkdexter; 17 March 2011, 04:19 PM.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Pf

                          My PF has completley changed under Affy I have
                          Europe (Western European) 94.41% Margine of error
                          South Asia 5.59%
                          Last edited by CAM; 17 March 2011, 04:18 PM. Reason: Lost something

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Pf

                            These are my results with Illumina 100 percent European
                            The other message would not take it.
                            Cheryl

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Pf

                              I just checked my Uncles PF We have exactly the same
                              100 percent European and this is down below
                              Europe French 100.00%

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X