Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kasandra View Post
    I have been Illuminated

13 matches, 9 new to me including one fourth cousin. However, one fourth cousin dropped to fifth and below. Two are illumina matches from 23. Gave me a fright at first since I already match four different wrights till I realized they were the same pair.

Plus, an oddity, one new cousin has the same married surname as another cousin. No relation... (the name is not as common as Green or Smith) So either I lost 25 cousins from Affy or they haven't been converted yet.
    only about 15 to 20 % are converted.. so more on their way next week and the next and the next....... etc.

Comment

• I'm really hoping DRK is so happy with his results that he hasn't had time to get back to us yet... you out there dude???

Comment

• Originally posted by Kasandra View Post
        I have been Illuminated

Yes you have.

Comment

• Originally posted by mkdexter View Post
          only about 15 to 20 % are converted.. so more on their way next week and the next and the next....... etc.
          Picked up another two late tonight (Friday 3/11), one Affy and one new Illumina.

Comment

• Originally posted by vinnie View Post
            Sorry for the confusion - it's late. The 8 Affy matches and PF results are still showing up under Affy, but there are no matches at all in Illumina; PF is being upgraded in Illumina.
            Well, Dad still doesn't have any Illumina matches and Mom has only one - it's one of her several Affymatrix. Still no Illumina PF results for either. Does anyone know where the lab is in the conversions? PF?

Comment

• Originally posted by vinnie View Post
              Well, Dad still doesn't have any Illumina matches and Mom has only one - it's one of her several Affymatrix. Still no Illumina PF results for either. Does anyone know where the lab is in the conversions? PF?
              According to Matt 1 day ago, the conversions are only about 15-20% complete so there are more to come. I know that I only have 5 out of my 33 Affy matches showing on Illumina as of today. If they keep coming like they did last week, I suspect I will get a few more Affy and some new Illumina matches again late tomorrow night. However, this is just a guess.

Judy

Comment

• stats: 3-15-2011

87 Illumina matches
                164 Affymetrix matches

Comment

• Originally posted by nolnacsj View Post
                  According to Matt 1 day ago, the conversions are only about 15-20% complete so there are more to come. I know that I only have 5 out of my 33 Affy matches showing on Illumina as of today. If they keep coming like they did last week, I suspect I will get a few more Affy and some new Illumina matches again late tomorrow night. However, this is just a guess.

Judy
                  I guessed right! Checked my Illumina results around 1 AM tonight and there was one new Illumina match so stats 3/15/11:

Old Affy Platform= 33

New Illumina Platform

Converted Affy= 5
                  New Illumina 13
                  18 total

Judy

Comment

• Not yet converted

Originally posted by nolnacsj View Post

Judy
                    Just to reassure you folks who aren't getting many former Affy matches under Illumina: I signed up for conversion on the first day, for myself and one other that I manage. Neither has been yet converted.

I must say: it's so hard waiting!

v

Comment

• Results will obviously vary by person and additional conversions remain to be completed, but if anyone has examined the location of primary/longest shared segment of new Illumina matches to Affy matches, or taken notice of disparity of match counts observed by various persons, there are cleary some Affy matches that will not appear as Illumina matches due to the difference in SNP locations being tested.

I have purchased 4 FF tests - two on Affy and two I purchased in December with intent of having tested on Affy but were not.

father-in-law - 85 Affy - so far 41 Illumina (21 from Affy, 20 new)
                      me: 87 Affy - so far 18 Ilumina (10 from Affy, 8 new including 2 I purchased)
                      my father - 15 Illumina (incl me) - incl 8 of my matches (7 Affy, 1 new)
                      my mother - 8 Illumina (incl me) - incl 4 of my matches (2 Affy, 2 new)

Detail review and comparison of Affy matches to Illumina show several locations where I had clusters of multiple matches on Affy with no matches on Illumina.

Should also note that ratio of FF Illumina match counts for these 4 tests are fairly close in proportion when compared to 23andMe RF match counts (though much fewer in number), whereas match count ratio between my father-in-law and myself were clearly not in same proportion on Affy.

Also many of the "new" matches appear to be result of new SNPs being tested and not result of new test purchases and include several more who already appeared as 23andme matches.

While the raw data files have not yet been made available, I suspect there is a very high correlation/overlap of the FF Illumina SNPs being tested and the 23andme Illumina SNPs.

Comment

• Good info Paul.

The two companies now use the same illumine chip. The only difference is FTDNA did not add custom SNPs. FF Illumina is using 699k SNPs to match and Affy uses about 500k

Comment

• Illumina chip.. typo above.

Comment

• Originally posted by mkdexter View Post
                            Illumina chip.. typo above.
                            Damn those tpyos.

Comment

• @Matt, I realize both FF and 23andme are now using illumina chips with FF abt 700k SNPs vs 23andme v2 @500k and v3 @ 1M SNPs.

Since FTDNA's Illumina announcement, there have been many open questions on various forums/message boards with regard to how FF Illumina 700k SNPs will overlap 23andme as compared to relatively small overlap for the 500k Affy SNPs. I have been suggesting all along that there will be a very high overlap and reasonable to expect 23andme raw data upload conversion offer from FTDNA relatively soon (i.e. shortly after they are done with Affy conversions).

Current results for conversions (which is obviously a moving number and I was estimating at 25-30% before your 15-20% posting based on my father-in-laws results) appear to support what I have been suggesting. Obviously a raw download data comparison will tell us more specifically what the overlap is.

Meanwhile - for me (propably in the minority but also probably not unique) not good news that I will lose close to half my Affy matches for my test kit and will have in part wasted my money with purchase of two kits in December for my parents with primary purpose of identifying whether my Affy matches were paternally or maternally related.

Comment

• Originally posted by Geneadict View Post
                                Meanwhile - for me (propably in the minority but also probably not unique) not good news that I will lose close to half my Affy matches for my test kit and will have in part wasted my money with purchase of two kits in December for my parents with primary purpose of identifying whether my Affy matches were paternally or maternally related.
                                Won't the FTDNA conversion of all Affy kits to Illumina self correct this?

Comment

Working...
                                X