Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Illuminas are rolling in!!!

YAY!!!!!

Just got results for two kits in from Illumina Family Finder. One was in Batch 390, the other in Batch 391.

Dey be coming!

Picked up my first cousin relationship, and so far I have one 4th to distant.

My wife's is in - she was batch 394.

How many matches are you seeing? She's only got 7 as of now.

I notice on mine, it now says Affyxia (or whatever the name for the old chip is - sounds like the hacker software Lisbeth used in the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo series to access other people's computers ;-) )

I see also that the new Population Finder isn't up yet.

Originally posted by DeeTyler View Post
    YAY!!!!!

Just got results for two kits in from Illumina Family Finder. One was in Batch 390, the other in Batch 391.

Dey be coming!

Comment

Originally posted by dwight View Post
      How many matches are you seeing? She's only got 7 as of now.
      Seven? I've only got one, and it's an estimated 5th cousin or even more distant. Still, I sent off an e-mail in the hope we'll find a connection.

Comment

Only two matches so far, but one I expected. Don't judge by me, though, as I only had 15 distant cousins on the old system ...

Comment

There is a very large batch of Family Finder results that are being uploaded this evening, so many new orders that have been waiting a while will start getting their results in over the next few days, if not already. For those that have ordered the free conversion they will go into the batch today and will begin running on the new chip. On your Family Tree DNA personal page you will see on the left hand side for the Family Finder menu it will list either Illumina or Affy, letting you know which chip your results are currently posted for your test. Thank you everyone for your patience and we will continue to refine this to make it the best product it can be.

-Darren Marin
          Family Tree DNA

Comment

This is so exciting!!!!

(happy dance ...)

Comment

I'm in batch 392 and got 2 2nd-4th and 2 3rd-5th... not sure what it all means yet but I'm so excited!

Comment

When you look at your results, make sure you also use that drop down box near "Relation" (in the section that says "Filter Matches By") to choose "Show All Matches." There may be more distant cousins hiding there for you to look at as well!

Comment

thanks Dee, there were a lot of distant matches!

Comment

I'm thilled for y'all. You've been waiting a long time.

I'm hoping that I'll get more matches with the upgrade but you never know! I had less than usual here but seem to have more than usual at 23.

Well fun fun~!

Comment

Originally posted by Darren View Post
                      For those that have ordered the free conversion they will go into the batch today and will begin running on the new chip. On your Family Tree DNA personal page you will see on the left hand side for the Family Finder menu it will list either Illumina or Affy, letting you know which chip your results are currently posted for your test.
                      Thank you for that update.

Comment

Potential Matches

I wasn't sure what to expect from the results.

We didn't have any "known" relations testing. Have a possible 3rd cousin match, seven 4th and 9 more for 5th. Sent a note to the 3rd and am still digesting comparisons on the others before sending anything.

Only a few have posted surnames or trees and nothing so far sounds familiar.

Still, it's exciting already.

Comment

Three at once!

The results on three kits came in this morning with some interesting matches already. Now we see how they match up with the older kits as they get re-processed on the new chip. Could be interesting!

Comment

Originally posted by Darren View Post
                            There is a very large batch of Family Finder results that are being uploaded this evening, so many new orders that have been waiting a while will start getting their results in over the next few days, if not already. For those that have ordered the free conversion they will go into the batch today and will begin running on the new chip.
                            -Darren Marin
                            Family Tree DNA
                            Thank you. I am looking forward to a "kick start". I really need a boost to help find a match or two. Hopefully, today will be the day.

Comment

Family Finder Results

Received an email that my FF results have been posted; however, all that has appeared on my page is the addition of the category "Family Finder" - nothing there. Patience is NOT one of my virtues.

Comment

Working...
                              X